Question / Help Why does my webcam settings in OBS keep resetting? "Configure Video" setting...

Richard Ham

You might want to look at the following as workaround.

I use a small program cam-cfg to save my camera settings in OBS. Here's how:

1. Run OBS, select your camera, and go to Properties -> Configure Video, then apply settings as you want
2. Run cam-cfg from command line with option --savedev, this will create a cam_sett.cfg file that stores settings you've made in Step 1
3. Create a shell script (e.g. BAT file) to run cam-cfg at first (without any options, as this will load the cam_sett.cfg by default), then OBS at next.
4. The next time you run OBS, just run the script instead. This will open the OBS, with the stored camera-settings.

Hope it helps.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I've been suffering for 2 years with repeatedly having to reset my settings for 3 different webcams, by hand, multiple times every week, because they were constantly resetting in OBS. But now with this exe, when they go wrong, i can just fix them with a single click. Nothing else worked, and I was seriously considering dropping OBS and switching to vMix which didn't have this problem.

I cannot tell you how much better you have made my life with this post. Thank you again so much!

nilanka

1. Run OBS, select your camera, and go to Properties -> Configure Video, then apply settings as you want
2. Run cam-cfg from command line with option --savedev, this will create a cam_sett.cfg file that stores settings you've made in Step 1
3. Create a shell script (e.g. BAT file) to run cam-cfg at first (without any options, as this will load the cam_sett.cfg by default), then OBS at next.
4. The next time you run OBS, just run the script instead. This will open the OBS, with the stored camera-settings.

Hope it helps.

Can you show me a sample for the bat file, please?

pr0faiin

I found a solution to this, and someone else posted it or something near it earlier.

1. In GHUB, navigate to your webcam. Click on it and go to "Video".
  2. Look for "Video Filter" and make sure that is set to "NONE".

This fixed it for me.

Sidenote: I use the Logitech Capture program and pull that feed into OBS, because I get a better frame rate from that. Strange, but it works. I find the colors are smoother for a better chroma key selection in OBS that way.

Hope this helps.

forwarduk

I can confirm this does indeed work, but sadly it is still too erratic in nature.
the config file saves the settings, but when it goes to load them, they're still not right.
LowLightCompensation is still ticked, and sadly when rebooting, the settings don't entirely restore themselves.
It's been said that OBS is not the culprit, more likely Logitech or the USB generic drivers.
But something so simple, has got me scratching my head.
Best solution is still to manually configure your cam, sadly.
I run 4 of them for my live stream, not a huge deal, but well, it's 2021, surely somebody has a fix for this?!

forwarduk

Hope it helps.

Got excited when I saw this post.
In the .cfg file unfortunately, it's missing the Low Light Compensation tick box setting.
Do you know what that is?
I've tried adding in this to zero effect..

[Manual] CameraSettings LowLightCompensation=0
and many variations of this to no effect.
If I could just get the right words then that would solve this for me.

CmdrDarius

Logitec C920 always reset my lighting in OBS but I just wrote down the number I like. It only take a min to set it back up. Even with Green screen

tomachi

Hi there, I only registered to confirm this. I have a Logitech C922 and it's forgetful like Alzheimer. If I do not forget to turn off auto illumination (hope some freemasons are happily reading here since I had to google the translation...) and low light compensation, the webcam's video always laggy. Of course I always keep forgetting this and when I'm about to eat up my chroma key screen because of the webcam lags I look up the settings and my face turns red while steam (not the game client) comes out of my ears because the (un)logitech driver forget's the settings. Well at least both of us, the driver and me, are equal... equal... nevermind.
The smaller the driver the better the driver. Best driver size is 0 KB. I baught a Logitech bluetooth keyboard because I was convinced it would work. Ah well. No.

tomachi

Is there a way to reset the properties?
I think - not fully sure - that I have discovered my issues relate to my screen resolution changing. Usually between 1920x1080 --> 3840x2160 on my main monitor... and my canvas size is designed at 2560x1440. OBS seems to bump my profile if it comes up on different resolution intermittantly. Last time I think it's cos I used 50 hz instead of 60 hz. Would love to know what the deal is with that.

pynappo

Hope it helps.
Works perfectly for me! Instead of step 3-4, I just put cam-cfg in a folder and created a shortcut which i placed under the windows startup folder (Win+R, then input shell:startup). Makes my C925e's settings work properly in other apps, too.

JohnPee

I used to have the pre C920, the C900 or maybe C910 which worked well, saved the settings no problem. I "upgraded" to the C920 and discovered that, despite the camera being very popular very few reviewers pointed out the major problem with it, saving the settings. I have tried a number of Logitech apps to assist, G-Hub, Logitech Capture, Logi Tune and Logitech Camera Settings. All of them I suppose are useful in their own way but none of them resolve the problem. The C920 is UVC compatible in Windows but that doesn't set the parameters, which are reset every time the PC is restarted.

falti

Seriously: get complete and automated control: save camera settings in profiles and reload via click, command line, weberserver hotkey or streamdeck.

Hope it helps.
Ill try this an report back, it will be a few days... Thanks for this contribution...

falti

Or this: https://apps.elgato.com/plugins/com.falti.camooz

1667544901272.png

1667544882644.png

Vubar

Works perfectly for me! Instead of step 3-4, I just put cam-cfg in a folder and created a shortcut which i placed under the windows startup folder (Win+R, then input shell:startup). Makes my C925e's settings work properly in other apps, too.
When I follow the GitHub link, there isn't an exe file in the downloads... should I be running one of the CPP files?