Question / Help Why does my webcam settings in OBS keep resetting? "Configure Video" setting...

Chad711

I have two webcams. A Logitech Brio and C920. The C920 settings keep resetting to default values. The only thing I'm changing on this webcam settings in OBS is the brightness. The default in OBS settings is 128 and I drop this to around 80 but any time I restart my PC it resets these values. The brio settings in OBS do not change.

I'd post a log but not sure if you would want a log before or after the issue?

Chad711

OK so this is because I have two different Logitech cameras? What if they are both the same model? Would that work?

Harold

The "Configure video" settings are provided 100% by the device's drivers and 0% by OBS.
If they keep resetting to default, that's the fault of the driver.

yob

If you use Logitech G-HUB to manage your devices, click on your webcam, and navigate to the gear (settings) in the top right. There you can find a checkbox to disable G-HUB from managing the settings and it will no longer override your inputs via OBS.

drewbabe

buy a camera from a company with better driver support
Do you have a recommendation on such a company?

If you use Logitech G-HUB to manage your devices, click on your webcam, and navigate to the gear (settings) in the top right. There you can find a checkbox to disable G-HUB from managing the settings and it will no longer override your inputs via OBS.
If you do this the settings you save in OBS don't persist. Logitech's saved settings seem to be controlled entirely by their own proprietary software. Like OP I have a Brio and a c920 and neither will save the settings I set in OBS. Unfortunately the G Hub software doesn't expose all the knobs that OBS does so it's no good for serious users who need very particular lighting settings (e.g. for chroma keying.)

Brianmackey2019

I have two webcams. A Logitech Brio and C920. The C920 settings keep resetting to default values. The only thing I'm changing on this webcam settings in OBS is the brightness. The default in OBS settings is 128 and I drop this to around 80 but any time I restart my PC it resets these values. The brio settings in OBS do not change.

this will add even more mystery, the Brio Cam settings do save! I booted up the other day after installing a new Brio and was all set to change all the settings again, daily routine, and boom! No need, But the 920 settings were all reset! weird

proxypunk

Hi there, I only registered to confirm this. I have a Logitech C922 and it's forgetful like Alzheimer. If I do not forget to turn off auto illumination (hope some freemasons are happily reading here since I had to google the translation...) and low light compensation, the webcam's video always laggy. Of course I always keep forgetting this and when I'm about to eat up my chroma key screen because of the webcam lags I look up the settings and my face turns red while steam (not the game client) comes out of my ears because the (un)logitech driver forget's the settings. Well at least both of us, the driver and me, are equal... equal... nevermind.

@drewbabe every camera with UVC support
means you can use this cam on every system win/linux/mac without installing custom drivers

Here's a question for you: Let's assume you have 2 identical web cameras ... as in two Logitech C920S ... which are capable of using UVC drivers: Can each camera have it's own source active in OBS, since the generic driver will have the same name for each. I have not found a workaround. Whichever source camera is live (in Studio Mode) will also be in the preview screen. Oner common driver and two cameras seems a waste of having a second, if you can only view one at a time. Help!

Ralph53

I also have 2 logitech webcams and I had the same problem until I figured out that if I hit the "Lock Button" next to the webcam under "Sources", it will save what ever changes I made in the "Configure Video" section of the webcam chosen.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,820

StunnerPony

Here's a question for you: Let's assume you have 2 identical web cameras ... as in two Logitech C920S ... which are capable of using UVC drivers: Can each camera have it's own source active in OBS, since the generic driver will have the same name for each. I have not found a workaround. Whichever source camera is live (in Studio Mode) will also be in the preview screen. Oner common driver and two cameras seems a waste of having a second, if you can only view one at a time. Help!
Hey, I know this is super late, but if you're still looking for a workaround for having two separate sources of the same camera (or if someone else stumbles upon this post later on), here's one way to get to work:

RonanSpock

I also have 2 logitech webcams and I had the same problem until I figured out that if I hit the "Lock Button" next to the webcam under "Sources", it will save what ever changes I made in the "Configure Video" section of the webcam chosen.

Ralph - I just confirmed what you said and signed up specifically to say thank you for pointing out the "lock" button.

DailyLincoln

There is another solution as well. The point is to make sure there is no Logitech Capture software, use G Hub, click gear icon and check the 'Turn off the device in G Hub' option. It fixed the issues with camera in overall for me. Using C922 Pro Stream. Hope it will be another solution that will help people.

Watung

You might want to look at the following as workaround.

I use a small program cam-cfg to save my camera settings in OBS. Here's how:

1. Run OBS, select your camera, and go to Properties -> Configure Video, then apply settings as you want
2. Run cam-cfg from command line with option --savedev, this will create a cam_sett.cfg file that stores settings you've made in Step 1
3. Create a shell script (e.g. BAT file) to run cam-cfg at first (without any options, as this will load the cam_sett.cfg by default), then OBS at next.
4. The next time you run OBS, just run the script instead. This will open the OBS, with the stored camera-settings.

Hope it helps.

Kingcrow

So not a fix but a work around for me was to used OBS's built in crop effect on my web cam instead of setting pan & zoom in the video settings. Depends on what you need to do with the configured video settings, but this work around solved my problem.