Resource icon

OBS Lua Whiteboard Source (Windows only) 1.3a

DRI374

Anyone had any success running this whiteboard plugin or any other with OBS 28.1.2? This is what I get on a fresh install of OBS when trying to load the Tools -> Script -> whiteboard.lua.

Code:
[whiteboard.lua] Error running file: module 'winapi.init' not found:
    no field package.preload['winapi.init']
    no file '.\winapi\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\lua\winapi\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\lua\winapi\init\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua\winapi\init.luac'
    no file 'C:/Users/micha/obs-stuff/plugins/whiteboard1.3//winapi\init.lua'
    no file '.\winapi\init.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\winapi\init.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\loadall.dll'
    no file './/winapi\init.dll'
    no file '../../data/obs-scripting/64bit/winapi\init.dll'
    no file '.\winapi.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\winapi.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\loadall.dll'
    no file './/winapi.dll'
    no file '../../data/obs-scripting/64bit/winapi.dll'

Hey there...
Noobie here.
I installed the Whiteboard lua script from GitHub. It did not work, I copied and pasted the version 2 from the lnk above. It acted exactly the same.

I am running Win 7 and OBS 27.2.4

Any ideas

Well got it working by creating a new scene and adding a second Whiteboard. Th second one worked as expexted the first still does not. No biggie at least it is working on my set up.

hilaryyy

Does not appear to be working.

Tested against:
v29 (latest)
v28.1.2

I did find a diff from the unzipped source and the github raw (as mentioned earlier in thread). Verified whiteboard.lua source matches.

Attempting to draw on the projected scene in the projector window does not produce any visible markings in any OBS windows.

Also attempted to add a second whiteboard as mentioned with no luck.

No errors in script logs within OBS.

Whiteboard also starts minimized in the scene and crashes OBS if attempting to resize it manually; resizing via Transform > Fit to Window works as expected.

Would love to use it, but can't get it to work. :(

deetari

Interestingly, the script still works in my install of OBS 29. Not sure what's causing it to fail, and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

While lacking a lot of this project's features, I was able to find a similar script that does work:

Thanks for linking an alternative option!

Any possibility of making these scripts available for the Mac in the future?
Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac, so I'm not able to provide any support in that regard.

king4567

If you have plans to update OBS 29.0 or above in the future, please let me know, I really need this similar plug-in to facilitate teachers to give lectures to students. I searched a lot of similar plugins on the Internet, but none of them work, because I need to use other plugins, I can't roll back the OBS version to 27.0