Resource icon

OBS Lua Whiteboard Source (Windows only) 1.3a

deetari

deetari submitted a new resource:

Whiteboard Source (Windows only) - This script provides a whiteboard source that allows users to draw on their live output.

Whiteboard Source for OBS Studio (Windows only)

This script adds a new whiteboard source to OBS Studio that allows users to display live drawings on top of their scenes.

Each scene can have its own whiteboard, though the tool settings (color, size, etc.) are shared.

Installation
  • Download the .7z file and extract it somewhere.
  • Open OBS Studio, click the 'Tools' dropdown option, and then click 'Scripts'.
  • Hit the '+' button at the...

Read more about this resource...

edmundng

HI, i have just Install the Whiteboard.lua into Scripts,
(i've changed from black to white or other color)

create a scenes with whiteboard and placed on top
right click in windowed and Project screen,

but it seen not working.

can you give some advice how to solved this issue?

Thanks
obs64_N8aHB7eSvG.png

obs64_N8aHB7eSvG.png

Nepocrates

Ok I got it to work. I am using OBS live just so you know.

1. Add it to my scene and set up my hotkeys
2. right-click on the preview window
3 on the right-click menu there are two(2) options near the top; fullscreen projector preview and window projector preview ( note: these are different than the options at the bottom of the right-click menu)

VIOLA it works <insert dramatic music here> FOR ME!!!!

Hope this helps

deetari

Ah, I had my notifications configured incorrectly, so I didn't notice the posts here, sorry.

Nepocrates has it set up correctly. :)

Once you've added the Whiteboard source to a scene, you should be able to right-click on either the Scene or the Live output window, open a "Fullscreen Projector" or "Windowed Projector", and then draw in the projector window with left-click. Do not use source projection (these show up as "Windowed/Fullscreen Projector (Source)" options). You have to project either the Scene or the Live output window.

The Whiteboard source itself has no properties, because they're all located in the script properties.

---

edit: I'll see if I can put together a picture guide this weekend or something to help clarify how this works.

moaxoam

Very cool feature!
A feature suggestion: Simple Text tool - Shift Click and then a Text Inputbox will be formed where you clicked. Input the text, click again or press Enter. > Would be nice to not have to deal with Text sources and the source list clutter that comes with it.

Thank you!

deetari

Very cool feature!
A feature suggestion: Simple Text tool - Shift Click and then a Text Inputbox will be formed where you clicked. Input the text, click again or press Enter. > Would be nice to not have to deal with Text sources and the source list clutter that comes with it.

Thank you!
I'll have to look into it, not sure how simple it is with the way this is configured at the moment. It may not be very feasible to add text support.

I've got a couple things I'm hoping to be able to add:

- Rectangle shape tool (outline/filled)
- Line/Arrows
- Text (maybe?)

It's unfortunate that I can't add a toolbar overlay with the way this is set up at the moment, because that would make any new tools easier to use. As it is, every tool has to be hotkeyed or selected from the source properties window, which is a poor user experience.

moaxoam

I found a neat software that may be of interest to you, deetari.
Zoomit: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/zoomit
Here's a vid showcasing its features: https://youtu.be/bqmp2z6q8Js

A disadvantage of this, imo, is that when interacted with, it freezes the screen.

I'm not really requesting anything. I'm just providing some info and an idea:

If features such as the main ones in Zoomit could be used inside the OBS Windowed Projector (Preview) -- then I would have a separate monitor just for that! :D Now whether zooming or even just capturing the OBS Windowed Projector (Preview) with Window Capture is possible, I don't know (although display capture would be a workaround) :>.

(If this is interesting to you, an additional resource for you could be "aerozoom", https://github.com/wandersick/aerozoom )

pcenginefx

Hiya - just tried this on OBS v27.2.3 and I'm not seeing any settings screen for setting your hotkeys with the Whiteboard source...the properties screen is blank.

Zigouigoui

I got issues with the script to and it seems that for some reason the downloaded "whiteboard.lua" is corrupted.

To fix it start by removing the script an any whiteboard source from obs.
Open "whiteboard.lua" using the notepad and replace its content with the code found here "https://github.com/exeldro/obs-whiteboard-lua/blob/master/whiteboard.lua".
Save the file and re-add the script to obs. It should work as intended.

is it a possibility that you could add a click to draw then 2nd click where you want it to go to and it auto draws the line between the 2 clicks??

deetari

Interesting that the .lua file isn't working anymore. I wonder what changed? Checking against my local copy doesn't show any issues, but it may just be a legacy thing. I'll look into it if I can find some time.

It's good to hear that Exeldro's fork seems to work for everyone. Their version has some different hotkeys and settings, but otherwise should provide the same utility. :)