Question / Help What cause my live stream buffering for other viewers?

x3com

Hello everyone, i am trying to get into the livestreaming on twitch but i have this issue where for other viewers/friends my stream keep buffering/loading every 15 second or more. i really did alot of research about my upload speed/obs setting but i really can't figure it out :( For the video or audio quality everything is fine i am even streaming in 1080P and its awesome. i really wonder what could be causing this buffering/loading? any help in anykind would really be appreciate :) i will leave bellow some of my information if that can help, thank you :) (by the way when i watch my livestream on my other screen it is perfect and doesn't do that, its other viewers)

Upload speed: 10 mbps
Game streamed: Arma 3 / Battlefield 4
Current obs setting set to: Max bitrate: 3000 Buffer size: 3000
encoder x264
use cbr/cbr padding enable

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you are having dropped frames, that will cause it. If you don't have dropped frames, it's problem with twitch's video network.

FerretBomb

Other viewers need to have a strong enough connection to download your stream from the Twitch servers. They kind of have a reputation for buffering a lot.

There's a very good reason that non-partners are strongly recommended to use a maximum of 2000kbps bitrate, which is enough for 720p@30fps video with decent to good quality depending on the game you're playing.

No one will come to your stream just because you provide crystal-clear 1080p video.
But they sure as hell will leave if you're running at a high bitrate and send them into an endless buffering hell.
It sounds like it's time to scale things back.

x3com

Other viewers need to have a strong enough connection to download your stream from the Twitch servers. They kind of have a reputation for buffering a lot.

There's a very good reason that non-partners are strongly recommended to use a maximum of 2000kbps bitrate, which is enough for 720p@30fps video with decent to good quality depending on the game you're playing.

No one will come to your stream just because you provide crystal-clear 1080p video.
But they sure as hell will leave if you're running at a high bitrate and send them into an endless buffering hell.
It sounds like it's time to scale things back.

Thanks i will try to do this, streaming at 720p! if i setup my max bitrate at 2000kbps to stream in 720, does buffer size need to be 2000 to?

FerretBomb

You should not be using a custom buffer size at all. Uncheck that box. There are a lot of 'guides' out there that advise using one, but they heard that advice from someone else who heard it from someone else... you really should not need a custom buffer; they tend to cause problems unless you know what it's there for and the specific reason to use it.