Weirdest audio issue ever.

TheLuka

When I record in OBS, my microphone briefly cuts out for a split second. This issue doesn't happen in Audacity or any other app.

Here are videos showing the problem:
(Log file: OBS Log)

Things I've Tried And Info:

• My mic is a Fifine AmpliGame AM8.
  • CPU load isn't high during recordings or streams, and the issue occurs even when no game is running.
  • I've tested both hardware and software encoding.
  • The problem affects both broadcasts and recordings.
  • Recording in Audacity at the same time shows the issue only happens in OBS, so it's not a hardware problem.
  • All audio devices are set to a 44.1kHz sample rate, matching OBS settings.
  • I've tried with and without mic filters.
  • The mic gain is low and doesn't peak unless I shout directly into it.
  • I've run Streamlabs as an administrator.
  • There's no correlation between the issue and my speaking volume or keyboard/mouse inputs.
  • I've tested with OBS and SLOBS—no difference.
  • I've tried turning "Exclusive Mode" on and off in Windows sound settings, and changing the audio bitrate, but neither helped.

PaiSand

There's no such a thing as slobs.
Verify any filter you're using within OBS or (specially) outside OBS. What you describe use to happen with noise gates set too high.
Change all the audio devices and OBS to 48Khz.
Change the USB port used by the mic.
Test with another mic.

TheLuka

There's no such a thing as slobs.
Verify any filter you're using within OBS or (specially) outside OBS. What you describe use to happen with noise gates set too high.
Change all the audio devices and OBS to 48Khz.
Change the USB port used by the mic.
Test with another mic.
Hello thanks for replying i tried all of those but didnt work...
I dont use any filters on obs or outside obs.
I used 48khz, no difference.
I tried 5 different usb ports but non of them worked.
Also i tried different microphone, same issue

MrGhost

Hard to believe but Streamlabs was not using the name OBS in a permitted way. They were literally just F@#*ng with us all for all those years! I just learned this a couple weeks ago.

Probably the video settings and Not the Mic, if the sample rate change didn't do it. I was having something like that yesterday with my audio in a video game which included audio from the music player of the game. I had changed to quarter in multi pass (NVENC settings). Not sure which recording I preferred the quarter setting in multi pass or the full resolution. I noticed it happening a few times in my live streamed audio yesterday which was a test of quarter. Do you still get it if you go to full resolution in multi pass setting in the NVENC (output section of settings)

MrGhost

Now compare that to the livestream from the day before where I used 'full resolution' settings in the NVENC. During that livestream I had more dropped video frames but the audio was totally smooth. In the link I have the time set to 6:07. Looking at the moment of 6:10-6:12 you will see the truck game drop and stagger across frames, but the audio remains intact. Once again this was with the 'full resolution' set for multi pass in the NVENC (output section of the settings in OBS)

compare to moment song singer says 'because" (6:11)

TheLuka

Now compare that to the livestream from the day before where I used 'full resolution' settings in the NVENC. During that livestream I had more dropped video frames but the audio was totally smooth. In the link I have the time set to 6:07. Looking at the moment of 6:10-6:12 you will see the truck game drop and stagger across frames, but the audio remains intact. Once again this was with the 'full resolution' set for multi pass in the NVENC (output section of the settings in OBS)

compare to moment song singer says 'because" (6:11)
Sorry for late reply, sadly setting output to full resoulution doesnt worked either..

MrGhost

Sorry for late reply, sadly setting output to full resoulution doesnt worked either..
What I found out, was the log I sent here, showed that my computer was using the power efficiency mode for OBS which meant that it was using the Intel graphics rather than the GTX 960 video card. Since changing this and looking at other options suggested by the automated Log service on the site here, I have had no problem getting my streaming to work.