Bug Report WebM CPU issue on OBS studio after v. 14.1

Or Perry

Hello!
It seems that the since version v. 14.2 any CLR browser source that has WebM video on it takes HUGE amounts of CPU usage. even GIF takes more CPU than it used to.
This issue doesnt happen on OBS Studio version 14.1, had to revert back to solve it.
Example:
Adding the same CLR Browser Source with GIF file playing on it:
v. 15.2 - 16% cpu usage
v. 14.1 - 5% cpu usage

Adding the same CLR Browser Source with WebM file playing on it:
v. 15.2 - 29% cpu usage
v. 14.1 - 9% cpu usage

it seems that somewhere along the way something was changed in the program that takes waaaaay more CPU power to play the same files.

Could you consider fixing it for the next version?

GIRLvsDUMB

Can confirm this is an issue.

I updated from 14.1 to 15.2 and had my stream completely crash due to overloaded CPU usage. Upon inspection, task manager showed that cef-bootstrap.exe was using incredibly larger amounts of CPU. Between two WebM browser sources, it was using about 20% CPU for just those (not including OBS), whereas running OBS Studio while recording and livestreaming was using only about 15%. For reference I am running on an Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor. That extra 20% was causing issues in stream from extremely increased CPU usage.

When I reverted back to 14.1 now, same browser sources now running at about 2-3%.

Thanks for the help! cheers ~

Troupster

Can we get a bump on this? We would LOVE to use transparent webm for everything, but it's using INSANE CPU through media and even through cef-bootstrap.exe.

Any feedback on this?

Wowowow00

The CLR browser Obs Classic uses along with Classic is heavily outdated and no longer support. Switch to Studios because it is actually supported