Question / Help Webcam goes blurry/loses focus during streams!

TheNewbClub

Hi,

When I stream my webcam quality goes really Blurry/loses focus. It happens every so often during streams and then the quality goes back to normal. Not sure why it goes blurry, any ideas?

Link below shows my issue

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/595485822

If you need any details on my stream settings then let me know and I can reply

Cheers

FerretBomb

Post a logfile from a live streaming or recording session at least 30 seconds in length, where the issue happened. Instructions on how to do so are in a pinned thread at the top of the forum. We'll be able to see from that a lot more clearly what may be going on than from a clip.

From the clip though, you had a LOT of fast-motion, high-detail stuff moving around on the screen at that moment, which is going to suck up bitrate hard and fast. Chances are good you just need more bitrate, or less framerate/resolution (meaning more effective bitrate for the fewer/smaller frames). Especially running at 60fps, which needs twice as much bitrate to maintain image quality as 30fps.

TheNewbClub

Post a logfile from a live streaming or recording session at least 30 seconds in length, where the issue happened. Instructions on how to do so are in a pinned thread at the top of the forum. We'll be able to see from that a lot more clearly what may be going on than from a clip.

From the clip though, you had a LOT of fast-motion, high-detail stuff moving around on the screen at that moment, which is going to suck up bitrate hard and fast. Chances are good you just need more bitrate, or less framerate/resolution (meaning more effective bitrate for the fewer/smaller frames). Especially running at 60fps, which needs twice as much bitrate to maintain image quality as 30fps.
Hi,

attached my latest log file, not sure if this is correct or not. Also sent a link to a longer clip with the issue I have.

I have now upped my bit rate, lowered my webcam to 1280x720 and same for the stream itself. Hopefully a long with some changes to the webcam itself I hope the improved bitrate stops this blur/focus drop

Cheers

Attachments

• log.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 82

FerretBomb

That does not appear to be an OBS log file, and does not contain a recording or streaming session. Are you using SLOBS? That's a different piece of software, even if it is based on the OBS Studio code-base, and we do not provide support for it here.

(edit) On second examination, that is a SLOBS logfile. You will need to contact Streamlabs' support for assistance with it.