Webcam cannot be chosen in OBS

TheFurrySniper

I got a webcam for Christmas and I am now trying to get it working in OBS, its on and the computer can detect the camera, but OBS does not. I've had a similar issue with my old webcam (can't swap to it as it died) and I have no idea how it was fixed, anyone know how to fix this? Oh and google was useless in this, it was only saying about it not projecting anything.
1.png
2.png

FerretBomb

Is the webcam a UVC device? Some extremely low-end webcams are not, and rely on their own proprietary software to act as a 'buffer' layer.
Can the webcam be used in other programs, such as Skype or Discord?
Have you granted permissions in Windows for programs to use your webcam?
Does the camera show up at all in the Video Capture Device source properties list, and it just not show a picture? Or is it not showing up in the list?

TheFurrySniper

Is the webcam a UVC device? Some extremely low-end webcams are not, and rely on their own proprietary software to act as a 'buffer' layer.
Can the webcam be used in other programs, such as Skype or Discord?
Have you granted permissions in Windows for programs to use your webcam?
Does the camera show up at all in the Video Capture Device source properties list, and it just not show a picture? Or is it not showing up in the list?
Yes, it is UVC, thing is before i had a cheaper one that had worked, was also UVC.
I'll have to check if it can be used on Discord. (Edit: It does not show on Discord)
I'll grant it access to be used on windows after I'm done with this reply. (Edit: is permitted)
It does not show in the list.

Edit: The driver has been updated already

FerretBomb

Yes, it is UVC, thing is before i had a cheaper one that had worked, was also UVC.
I'll have to check if it can be used on Discord. (Edit: It does not show on Discord)
I'll grant it access to be used on windows after I'm done with this reply. (Edit: is permitted)
It does not show in the list.

Edit: The driver has been updated already
If it isn't showing up in other applications, it isn't an OBS issue. It's a problem with the camera itself. Try swapping it to a different USB port, that can fix it sometimes.

TheFurrySniper

I got a webcam for Christmas and I am now trying to get it working in OBS, its on and the computer can detect the camera, but OBS does not. I've had a similar issue with my old webcam (can't swap to it as it died) and I have no idea how it was fixed, anyone know how to fix this? Oh and google was useless in this, it was only saying about it not projecting anything.View attachment 65021View attachment 65022
So urm, hey, yh, about this, had a weird fix for it, I had to update the driver for something I never thought of... the graphics card, after a PC reset, the camera was working again, I have no idea how these slightly correlate, but hey, no complaints.