Weather Alert notification in stream

The newest updates to Warnverlay seem to make it run a little faster. I did notice that the warnings will also not repeat as much. Another thing I think that could have also been causing the repeat warnings is the fact that my computer is on the slower end of the spectrum when it comes to doing overlays. With that said, I have disabled hardware acceleration in OBS and it seems to be helping to keep Warnverlay more streamlined. I would like to see in the next version the same ticker at the bottom which shows active alerts, but I would like to see the warning counters maybe replaced with maybe an overlay where Local Storm Reports (LSRs) can be shown or a weather headlines newsfeed that scrolls would be good as well. Also, can you add tornado possible to the popup alerts for severe warnings that have a tornado possible tag? An example it could display like "Severe Thunderstorm Warning --Considerable (TOR-P)" or something to that tune.
 
I neglected to mention it on my last post, but the warning counters on the 1080p and other resolution pages are slow to update. As of this postat 1:15PM on 6/15/2026, there are four severe thunderstorm warnings in effect, but the counter is showing three. This is no major thing to me because I can just turn the warning counters off and substitue another overlay or graphic in their place.
 
Hi, i know this post is old, but is there a way you can be able to customize the colors of the alerts just like overwarn? I plan to use this for future live streams on my channel, and this will really help out.
I have a weather overlay that could be used. If you are interested let me know. But it's not totally free but I can adjust it to be that way if anyone needs it to be. Anything can be added or changed. You can track any weather alerts using the URL parameter. If anyone has any ideas on improvements let me know. Everything updates automatically the ticker is currently working off a socket connection but it's a browser source. The open area in the sidebar would be for you to fill using software. The main area is for your coverage but can be changed. The overlay uses URL parameters so you could have multiple scenes or cover whatever you wanted about the weather.
1759902169933.png
 
Back
Top