Resource icon

VNC Source 0.5.0

norihiro

norihiro submitted a new resource:

VNC Source - VNCviewer source to display remote desktop through RFB protocol

This plugin provides a source that displays VNC remote desktop using RFB protocol.
Currently only source code is available and tested on Linux. I'm working on building for MacOS and Windows.

VNC is a system to display and control remote desktop using RFB protocol.
MacOS natively support RFB as a remote desktop.
There are some implementations of VNC server for Windows and Linux.

VNC is a lightweight system to display and control the remote desktop through the Internet even over the...

Read more about this resource...

norihiro

Thanks for building this! Is there a way to configure the client with regards to encoding, quality, color depth, etc? Thanks
Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider to have the feature. Currently, the plugin does not have the feature to control them.

Josch

Hello thanks for this great plugin.
Unfortunately, the tool only shows the first screen.
Is there a way to switch to the second screen?

norihiro

norihiro updated VNC Source with a new update entry:

VNC Source 0.2.0 is available

This is a minor release of OBS VNC Source.
Major changes are below.
  • Added quality settings.
  • Added JPEG and LZO libraries for Windows build.
  • Fixed external dependencies for MacOS build.

Limitations
  • OpenSSL for 32-bit Windows is excluded since CMake try to link 64-bit library.
  • Binary for MacOS is experimental state and is not tested.
  • Color depth is still not configurable.

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

Hello thanks for this great plugin.
Unfortunately, the tool only shows the first screen.
Is there a way to switch to the second screen?
The client side (including this plugin) does not have much control of the first/second screen selection. There might be a setting in your VNC server. Can you also check whether other VNC client (such as TigerVNC) shows differently?

FerretBomb

Would it be possible to add a 'quiet mode' to this plugin, squelch the logfile entries after 5-10 attempts to connect, or only attempt to connect if the source is set Visible (similar to how the Media Source will restart playback when the source becomes visible)?

If the remote server is not active, at present it generates a TON of logfile entries, similar to this (literally 300KB worth over a few hours' long stream):
00:48:01.602: [obs-vnc] rfbInitClient with serverHost=modtop serverPort=5900
00:48:03.873: [obs-vnc] rfbInitClient failed, will retry in 10s
It does this even if the Source is not visible in any scene. I'd rather not delete the source every time I'm not using the remote capture, and have to set it up again each time I want to pull from my remote system.

banshee1971

I'm trying to access a RaspberryPi that required username/pw, but only "password" is available on the plugin.
Is it possible to add the username as well ?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi for a live graphical Tikker.. and want to add this on a section of my OBS :)

banshee1971

Finaly found out. I disable Linux login and switch to VNC Password in Raspberry. Here the look of the item generated by the RaspberryPi
Snag_1c70bb3.png
I'm using a Raspberry PI with a case "BuiltIn LCD Screen", that this project that generate the Tiker : https://github.com/taoteh1221/Slideshow_Crypto_Ticker
I select 5 Crypto curency and they roll over one after the other.. all "live" information :)

norihiro

I'm sorry for my late response. I didn't notice messages arrived to this thread.
Would it be possible to add a 'quiet mode' to this plugin, squelch the logfile entries after 5-10 attempts to connect, or only attempt to connect if the source is set Visible (similar to how the Media Source will restart playback when the source becomes visible)?
Hi @FerretBomb, Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider to implement it.
I created a ticket https://github.com/norihiro/obs-vnc/issues/17

I'm trying to access a RaspberryPi that required username/pw, but only "password" is available on the plugin.
Is it possible to add the username as well?
Hi @banshee1971, I will implement it.
I created a ticket https://github.com/norihiro/obs-vnc/issues/18

norihiro

VNC Source 0.3.1 is released

This is a minor release of OBS VNC Source.
  • Added a user name property (available for MacOS)
  • Suppressed log messages
  • Added a property to defer connection, to disconnect at hidden or inactive
Limitations
  • The user name is available only in MacOS binary. Ubuntu and Windows binaries are not compiled with the user name. If you build from source, the user name is enabled if your libvncclient has SASL.
  • OpenSSL for 32-bit Windows is not enabled.

ReinholdKlass

Congratulation to Norihiro !! Excellent solution !! But the connection time from OBS on Ubuntu 20.4 Linux to a Win10 PC using TightVNC as server ist very long (sometimes up to 10 min). All is running in a local network.
Is there any chance to optimize this ?

norihiro

VNC Plugin 0.5.0

This is an experimental release of VNC Plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes in 0.5.0
  • Switched build environment to GitHub Actions from Azure Pipeline.
  • Added macOS on Apple Silicon as the supported platform.
  • Dropped supporting OBS Studio 27 and earlier versions. Now the required version is OBS Studio 28.0.0 or later.

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • Windows: 0.5.0 was tested with OBS Studio nightly...