Resource icon

VNC Source 0.6.1

Marcus Neber

First of all, thanks for the plugin. Thanks to the quick instructions, the installation was no problem even for laypeople like me. However, I can't manage to establish a connection. With the VNC viewer the connection works without any problems. Are there instructions on what exactly needs to be entered? Is a password absolutely necessary?

norihiro

First of all, thanks for the plugin. Thanks to the quick instructions, the installation was no problem even for laypeople like me. However, I can't manage to establish a connection. With the VNC viewer the connection works without any problems. Are there instructions on what exactly needs to be entered? Is a password absolutely necessary?
I'm sorry I don't have instructions describing which property should be entered.
`Host name` and `Host port` are mandatory to input.
`Password` is required if and only if your VNC server is configured to require the password.
Other properties can be left default values.

hammondeggs

I'm trying to use the plugin but haven't had any luck.
This is one of the errors from the OBS log -- [obs-vnc] rfbInitClient failed, will retry in 8s
I'm able to connect to the VNC server with another client, but I cannot connect through the plugin in OBS.

I've installed plugin version 0.6.0 and I'm using OBS version 30.2.0

norihiro

This is one of the errors from the OBS log -- [obs-vnc] rfbInitClient failed, will retry in 8s
I'm able to connect to the VNC server with another client, but I cannot connect through the plugin in OBS.

I will consider adding log lines why rfbInitClient has failed. Filed an issue on GitHub.

norihiro

norihiro updated VNC Source with a new update entry:

VNC Plugin 0.6.1

This is an experimental release of VNC Plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes in 0.6.1
  • Added error and information messages to OBS Studio log file.
    • This will be helpful to debug when seeing an error rfbInitClient failed.

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • Windows: 0.5.0 was tested with OBS Studio nightly (only checked the plugin is loaded without errors).
    • macOS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

Would you try a new version 0.6.1 so that further information will be displayed on the OBS log file?

Marcus Neber

I hope I wrote this correctly as a layman. I'm trying to access Raspberry Pi via IP address. via vnc viewer no problem if I enter a username and a password. With the VNC source I don't have the option to enter a name. Isn't this intended for Windows?

norihiro

I hope I wrote this correctly as a layman. I'm trying to access Raspberry Pi via IP address. via vnc viewer no problem if I enter a username and a password. With the VNC source I don't have the option to enter a name. Isn't this intended for Windows?
I'm sorry that the username property is only available on macOS.
This is because I have not successfully built the necessary library (Cyrus SASL) on Windows yet. Cyrus SASL is required by libvncserver to make the authentication with user name and password.