Question / Help Virtual web cam solution for Mac

moonpost

I think starting with Zoom v4.6.10, Zoom does not load load virtual camera devices any more. It's not mentioned in their release notes, and who knows, it may come back in the future. Until then, you have to downgrade to a prior version to get virtual cameras working again.

sorry, but how does one go about downgrading zoom? I've searched all over their site and see no way to get prior versions for Mac.

Tangential

I put my abs output in Zoom by opening the Program feed of OBS in a window (or to a whole display) and sharing that window or display in Zoom as desktop sharing

sunda

I used a plugin for this and it worked with zoom v.4.6.10!!!

Apr-21-2020 01-36-30.gif

newton

sorry, but how does one go about downgrading zoom? I've searched all over their site and see no way to get prior versions for Mac.

You won't need to downgrade anymore; I think Zoom fixed the bug or reinstated it in 4.6.11 (20561.0413).

jowy

Has anyone been able to get this working on Zoom v4.6.12? I see the virtual camera in some places (such as QuickTime), but not others (such as Zoom).

Andrum

I used a plugin for this and it worked with zoom v.4.6.10!!!

View attachment 54386
Hi, I would also be interested in using that plugin but I don't know how. Can you explain how you did it? Do I need Xcode?
Thanks so much!

DiViNCi

Hi, I would also be interested in using that plugin but I don't know how. Can you explain how you did it? Do I need Xcode?
Thanks so much!

It's not an elegant solution by any means.. but here's the process of installing and launch this workaround. (Note: you would have to open the OBS build you create from terminal each time).. Unless @sunda is using a different method.

Andrum

It's not an elegant solution by any means.. but here's the process of installing and launch this workaround. (Note: you would have to open the OBS build you create from terminal each time).. Unless @sunda is using a different method.

Thank you for the tip @DiViNCi !

facilitrans

Hey everyone, I am new to both, this forum and OBS. I have the same issue discribed in this thread. I wanna send the OBS-output to a video conferencing software. This is zoom in my case. I would use CamTwist as a "Syphon Bridge" to accomplish that. The problem seems to be a closed loophole that was used by syphon to transmit video streams. I am a bit confused about that justification because I am using a syphon client on my Mac to grab my Canon Camera live view with the App "Camera Live" and sent it via syphon to CamTwist. It is also possible to grab the Camera Live Syphon-Output in OBS as a source. It works on both my new 16" MacBook with Catalina Version 10.15.2 and on my old MacBook with Sierra 10.12.. Thus streaming video from one app to another through a syphon client is possible. Shouldn't then OBS be able to do this, too? And if not, what is the difference to Camera Live outputting a Syphon-Video-Stream? Thanks for help!
Check this video on YT. it explains how easy it is to send OBS screen into Zoom with audio. Hope that solves your issue.

acer732

Check this video on YT. it explains how easy it is to send OBS screen into Zoom with audio. Hope that solves your issue.
This video was so helpful. Thank you so much for sharing! It worked in Google Meet and Zoom, this is a life saver!

sunda

@Andrum @DiViNCi

In this issues, you can find plugins that have been release by someone.

Last edited:

tetfsu

FWIW... @tda20300 built a package installer for this and it can be found here -> https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/virtual-cam-mac-alternative.118399/post-451439

Until this is incorporated into the main branch, it's a very easy way to get this working without having to jump through all the hoops of installing this and running it via Terminal each time. (But thanks still go out to Matt Romein for making the video that @DiViNCi referenced above... it was helpful to me in getting things to work correctly.)

cornflowermusic

So, I have been able to get my visual to work from OBS into ZOOM... but the audio won't? I am using the method shown my D-Dub's YouTube video above. FYI: I am using a USB audio interface from my mixer into my MacBook Pro running High Sierra. I am also running ZOOM 5.0.2, and OBS 25.0.8. Any help is SUPER APPRECIATED! Thanks, everyone.

pablet

please guys i need your help. I have installed OBS 24.0.5 and i have also installed virtual cam, so the problen is i can found the virtual cam device in yhe meet aplication, but i cant found it in obs tools!! what can i do for fix it??