Video Transition option suggestions in future OBS rewrite

Venova

I have read around here that a future rewrite version of OBS will integrate the features of some plugins and also will enable things like improved transitions instead of just the current brief fade. I would like the ability to set a transition to use per-scene (I assume that would already be a no-brainer), and, especially - an option to use a Video transition. For example, when setting a scene to use that transition type, the user would specify a video file to use for the transition, which would be a short clip they had created externally with alpha channel support (such as QuickTime's PNG codec, webm alpha channel, etc), and that would play over all other content below it when transitioning scenes. Perhaps instead of selecting a video you would instead select a Scene to use as a transition, and within that transition scene you would have the desired video loaded which would play each time that transition was used. This way other layers could be above the transition (such as keeping a lower third overlay visible even when transitioning background scenes). Also perhaps it would be nice to use a masked video transiton - for example, a video would have a key color as it's background, perhaps bright green on one half and bright magenta on the other, and each color would be used to key the A and B sources during transition - so you could have, for example, a custom wipe transition where a graphic in the video (such as a 3d logo flying across), would show the current scene behind it as it wiped across on one side of it (keyed with the Green color in it's background), and the new scene on the other side of it (for example in a left to right animation), keyed with the magenta color. This might be a little tricky to do but it would be really nice to have, at the very least to have video transitions if not alpha + 2 key colors for A/B. This would enable alot of really high production value for those who can create the content for it (or barrow from others).

Here is an example of the usage of the A/B dual key transition effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPj8D2Jfj8c

And an example of a simpler Quicktime PNG codec alpha channel transition (though A/B keys would make this simpler actually, I worry a little bit about aliasing issues though with the A/B a bit, perhaps a 2nd video as the key and play them in sync? That's how the Quake logo A/B wipe is done in After Effects) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFELKvkWY9I

Anyways, tldr please add some options for video transitions in the future OBS rewrite! Also I suppose, an option would be good to transition the transition (fade it), so non-alpha videos could be used to transition as well for users who don't need as fancy of stuff.