Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

bartuc

Hey guys,
I like your plugin here.
There're one or two features I'm missing though.
I currently use it to play videos I recorded with ShadowPlay in my break screen and I'd really like to have a random feature to not always play the same order.
Another feature, but rather of lower priority would be a filter to make them black/whitish.
If you could hint me to where that would have to be implemented I'd even try to do that myself.
Though i don't really know how to make a plugin.

Best regards,
bartuc

Daniel Combet

You should I guess adjust your bitrate. Decrease it. It s in the streaming parameters. You can also change preset for your CPU to lower its charge.

Ebear

Really cool plugin here, just got a quick question.

Would I be able to use this to put another Twitch stream through my OBS? Working on a way to do this for a tournament but we haven't found a solution yet.

Krchmarus

Hello everyone,

I am also having an issue that most of you guys have: plugin not showing in OBS Classic. I have Windows 10 64-bit and I have reinstalled 64-bit plugin like numerous times. I even set OBS folder to accept access for non-administrator users, so full access for that folder, yet still nothing. I have latest OBS Classic v0.659b.

Can you help me out today or tomorow, I need to start the stream and I have cool video for my pre-start.

RADRaze2KX

Jack0R : you said "No chroma key with this plugin. Use OBS-Studio with the Media Source or VLC Source and add a Chroma Key Filter to it.".
Is it should be possible to use chromakeys with live video isn t it ?
Video Source Plugin is no longer being developed. What you see is what you get. If it's not an option now, it won't be an option later. Go to OBS Studio for additional development.,

Video loops fine, but if it contains seamless audio track, it interrupts for few moments. How can I fix it? Let's say, its rain, and I can't fade in/fade out or play a huge mp3 in media player (it has to be synced)
You can't. When the loop restarts, it needs to refill the buffer from the beginning. There's no way to adjust it.

Hey guys,
I like your plugin here.
There're one or two features I'm missing though.
I currently use it to play videos I recorded with ShadowPlay in my break screen and I'd really like to have a random feature to not always play the same order.
Another feature, but rather of lower priority would be a filter to make them black/whitish.
If you could hint me to where that would have to be implemented I'd even try to do that myself.
Though i don't really know how to make a plugin.

Best regards,
bartuc
Hi Bartuc, There are no more feature requests for this plugin. It is out of development. Go to OBS Studio for additional feature requests.

Really cool plugin here, just got a quick question.

Would I be able to use this to put another Twitch stream through my OBS? Working on a way to do this for a tournament but we haven't found a solution yet.
You would encounter a large amount of delay between video sources. If this tournament is local, I suggest each person stream into their own MonaServer instead of directly to twitch and the computer broadcasting the tournament zipper everything together as individual Video Streams, that way they all have the same delay. If each person wants to stream it to their own twitch as well, then you'd need each person to stream into NGINX with multicast turned on, but the amount of bandwidth required for that is (# of Participants * 2) + 1 for the tournament feed (eg: 4 player tournamnet = 9 times the bandwidth... 12 player tournament = 25 times the bandwidth). It would be much easier for each person to host the tournament feed.

Hello everyone,

I am also having an issue that most of you guys have: plugin not showing in OBS Classic. I have Windows 10 64-bit and I have reinstalled 64-bit plugin like numerous times. I even set OBS folder to accept access for non-administrator users, so full access for that folder, yet still nothing. I have latest OBS Classic v0.659b.

Can you help me out today or tomorow, I need to start the stream and I have cool video for my pre-start.
Most likely you're not extracting the plugin to the correct version that you're using. Depending on the version you're using, your title bar at the top will say:

32-bit:
"Profile: <profile name> - Scenes: <scene collection name> - Open Broadcaster Software v0.659b"

or

64-bit
"Profile: <profile name> - Scenes: <scene collection name> - Open Broadcaster Software v0.659b - 64bit"

If you're using the 32-bit profile, you need to extract to "C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins\"

If you're using the 64-bit profile, you need to extract to "C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins\"

SirCheeto

I have a question regarding the VLC video source plugin. The video shows up but I can' t hear any audio. Is that normal?

Kasper3101

every time i add the files to the place you say it just makes my obs crash - i add the folder and the programextension files to the C:\Program Files\OBS\Plugins - then i open up my obs where its just instantly crashed/freezed - any solutions

vedranius

@Osiris You are saying stop using OBS Classic, I totally agree with you, but!

OBS Classic has this plugin working, and this plugin in the background uses VLC and it can play UDP or any other streams, while OBS Studio integrated Video feature can't!

And on the other hand, OBS NDI plugin is being developed from @Palakis on GitHub for OBS Studio so I can't use UDP stream to NDI which would help me a lot in my workflow.

Any workaround?

Thanks! :)

vedranius

OBS Studio has a VLC source.
hm, but how to get UDP stream then? :O
I don't see an option for VLC source, only "Media source" in which UDP doesn't work for me... :/
1cd0950195dd4674a3be650d4fa7da78.png

vedranius

You need to have VLC installed. 64bit VLC for 64bit OBS and 32bit VLC for 32bit OBS
Hm, but I have it installed on both my PCs and I cant see it...
And yes, I remember now that there was the option VLC source, bit I dont see it as I reinstalled OBS installed OBS Studio 17 and after that I don't see it, same with 18.
Any idea why?