Video has lower opacity with Green Screen

bootlegsamurai

Hey, everyone! Ive been using Google fu (albeit i could be searching the wrong terms) to not much luck in figuring out why my video is somewhat see-through when im using my Green screen to stream. Ive played around with the settings, but cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. It seem to be worse the brighter the video becomes. Ive attached a screenshot of what it looks like as well as a copy of my logs

Attachments

• 2023-10-13 23-27-41.txt
    46 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-10-14 144155.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 144155.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 14

bootlegsamurai

Also, when viewing the preview while setting up the chroma key, you can see the opacity is set to full

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 145414.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 145414.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 14

Suslik V

You need more vivid color for the green screen itself. Try to light it up a bit with additional lamp.

OBS background in the filter's preview is not configurable. By default, in dark UI themes of OBS, the background set to solid (and very dark) color, so you see no difference in preview (if it already transparent or not). Raster graphics editors usually use neutral grey checker pattern as background but it is not the case in OBS.

So, look at OBS Preview rather than in filter's preview while adjusting parameters of transparency of your sources. At least, in the Preview, you'll be able to place a vivid red color source (temporary, to see your adjustments more clearly) underneath the filtered source to see where it becomes transparent, and where - not.