Question / Help Video Capture Device missing properties options.

chiggins

Hi,

I have both a mac and a windows, On my windows machine I have tons of option to manipulate my webcam. However on my Mac I have none of these options. Whats the deal?

Do I need to reinstall OBS on my Mac? Something is definitely not right.

Windows
OBS windows.JPG

OBS Mac:
OBS MAC.png

Narcogen

OBS is dependent on the device drivers built into the OS or that are provided by a device's manufacturers. What you see in properties is what those device drivers expose. It is not unusual for Windows drivers to show options the MacOS drivers don't have.

Your MacOS screen shot indicates OBS is not seeing the device at all, as you haven't selected a device from the pulldown next to "device".

chiggins

Thank you for getting back to me.

Here is an image with the device being recognized. Still no properties.
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.12.37 PM.png

And here is all I get when clicking the Use Presets off:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.12.57 PM.png

Still nothing even close to the options I have with Windows. The Mac is a Macbook Air so might it have something to do with the graphics card? Also I noticed there are two types of OBS, the original and the studio version. I was thinking of uninstalling and trying to download the studio version. Maybe that would change things. The version I have right now just says OBS.

If you think of anything other work around I would love to hear it.

I am also thinking of checking out some other streaming software for MAC.

pieking3

Thank you for getting back to me.

Here is an image with the device being recognized. Still no properties.
View attachment 54772

And here is all I get when clicking the Use Presets off:

View attachment 54773

Still nothing even close to the options I have with Windows. The Mac is a Macbook Air so might it have something to do with the graphics card? Also I noticed there are two types of OBS, the original and the studio version. I was thinking of uninstalling and trying to download the studio version. Maybe that would change things. The version I have right now just says OBS.

If you think of anything other work around I would love to hear it.

I am also thinking of checking out some other streaming software for MAC.
Chiggins, I am having the same issue. I see that you have posted earlier this year. Did you manage to figure out any workarounds for this issue?

sjallyn

I have all the same issues with 15” Macbook pro retina and With a big MacPro. Clearly this is missing from the Mac version and is needed. I am using Marshall PTZ cams, which are great, but I really want to control them in OBS.

jhaile

I am also having the same issue with Mac OS 11.6, Logitech drivers installed, and Logitech C930 webcam.

rdbecker

I know this is a three year old discussion, but I have just encountered this myself. Certainly someone has a fix, right?