Vertical video output looks zoomed

Guyincharge

I am trying to send video to a streaming platform that requires vertical video via Virtual Cam. This has worked on 3 other computers I have set up, but this one is giving me a lot of trouble. I have my OBS canvas set to vertical video 1080x1920 9:16 (as advised by the platform) but when i add my virtual camera to the platform it is zoomed in on the center of the OBS canvas. It looks like the vertical video is being stretched to 16:9 and I'm only seeing the center portion of the video. I can't find any settings that can fix this.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Details
- OBS version 30.1.0
- Platform requires 9:16 1080x1920 vertical video
- I am using Chrome
- My OBS Canvas is set to 1080x1920

Picture of OBS

Picture of the zoomed virtual camera on the streaming platform

declantyson

Hello,

I am also experiencing the exact same issue running OBS 30. Have searched for answers to no avail. Is there any solution to this available?

Guyincharge

Hi, I have same issue.
Did you solve this issue?
TLDR: I have not found a real solution for Google Chrome. I was able to send the proper 1080x1920 resolution when I used Safari as my web browser.

I was able to get it to work on one computer with OBS + Chrome, but it was a very messy way. I installed OBS 28, 29, and 30 onto the same computer to compare virtual camera outputs.. and for some reason it just started working properly. I was not able t0 recreate this on a second computer, which is why I started to explore other web browsers as a viable option. That lead me to Safari and it seems to be working properly every time.

I have been using Webcam Tests to check my OBS output resolution since the platform I am sending my video to does not tell me what resolution it is getting. When i use Chrome it will show me that Chrome is reading the video as 1920x1080, not the 1080x1920 which I am sending.