Version 30.1 and 30.1.1 not recording properly, earlier versions OK

JimP

I never had problems with OBS Studio for recording screens - until version 30.1 was installed. I used to capture the screen at 30 fps. However since installing version 30.1 the frame capture rate is often 6 - 7 fps (verified both by counting frames and the MediaInfo output). However if I run OBS Studo in Admin mode it captures fine at 30 fps.

So my question is why cant I get the right framerate when running OBS Studio as a normal user? In both cases I have set the capture framerate to 30 fps. The CPU is running at 1-2% so its not overloaded. I dont know how to whitelist my antivirus (Norton and Malwaresbytes) - but this issue only appeared with version 30.1 and I was running the same antivirus programs before so that is not different. I run two screens, and capture the output of the second screen while the OBS studio window is on the first screen.

AMD H264 Vdeo encoder (no different from before), Windows 10, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit.

Nor will Corel Video Studio (both X9 and 2020 versions) edit it now (I never had a problem before). However I can use Prism to convert it to .wmv and then edit that OK, which is a workaround but not ideal. MediaInfo does not show any differences in codecs used.

Any advice would be welcomed,
Many thanks, Jim.

Last edited: