Question / Help Using Two Elgatos at the same time

Clintus

Does anyone know a way to use an Elgato HD 60 Pro and an Elgato HD 60 at the same time? I have the Pro (internal) for my PS4 and want to use the HD 60 (external) for a Canon Vixia HF G30 camcorder for my webcam. When I fire up OBS and try to select the card in elgato from one to the other it crashes OBS.

Thoughts?

GillyMoMo

Does anyone know a way to use an Elgato HD 60 Pro and an Elgato HD 60 at the same time? I have the Pro (internal) for my PS4 and want to use the HD 60 (external) for a Canon Vixia HF G30 camcorder for my webcam. When I fire up OBS and try to select the card in elgato from one to the other it crashes OBS.

Thoughts?

Had this issue with two external Elgato's. Drivers are the reason you can't use them both at the same time. Not really an OBS issue but rather the way the Elgato driver is written.

Videophile

Elgato
Unfortunately no.

@GillyMoMo is correct, the way the driver currently works does not allow multi device for Elgato USB capture cards.

We're looking into multi-USB card.

There are drivers for multi-HD60 Pro setups.

Clintus

Unfortunately no.

@GillyMoMo is correct, the way the driver currently works does not allow multi device for Elgato USB capture cards.

We're looking into multi-USB card.

There are drivers for multi-HD60 Pro setups.

So if I had two HD 60 Pro's it would work? Otherwise, what other external or internal card which you recommend to work along side an HD 60 Pro?

GillyMoMo

So if I had two HD 60 Pro's it would work? Otherwise, what other external or internal card which you recommend to work along side an HD 60 Pro?

Avermedia Game capture works well. Internal or external. If 1080p isn't of concern the HD72A is a good cheap alternative. There are a few others I would mention but they can be a tad pricey.

Clintus

I'm trying to use a Canon video camera as my webcam in order to capture at 60fps. As far as I know there is no way to use it as a webcam via USB which means I need to bring it in via HDMI requiring another capture card.

Kmce

Hi would it be possible to do this with the hd60 pro and the HD (internal and external)

And if there a reason they aren't making the drivers able to do this

GamingWithGF

We just bought the HD60 as we're planning to use it alongside with our current GCHD so both of our PlayStation can be captured at the same time.

I tested to run both GCHD & GCHD60, and it doesn't work.. You have to choose one or the other. They're two complete different devices, so the drivers should be different. How come we can't pick both in OBS?

I know you just mentioned you're looking into it, but for how long, @LtRoyalShrimp ?

I feel like I should just return the GCHD60 and get a different brand capture card just so both our systems can me captured at the same time with out having issues because the update on the elgato website are rare. I love the devices it's solid, but not being able to use both at the same time sucks =(

Videophile

Elgato
We just bought the HD60 as we're planning to use it alongside with our current GCHD so both of our PlayStation can be captured at the same time.

I tested to run both GCHD & GCHD60, and it doesn't work.. You have to choose one or the other. They're two complete different devices, so the drivers should be different. How come we can't pick both in OBS?

I know you just mentioned you're looking into it, but for how long, @LtRoyalShrimp ?

I feel like I should just return the GCHD60 and get a different brand capture card just so both our systems can me captured at the same time with out having issues because the update on the elgato website are rare. I love the devices it's solid, but not being able to use both at the same time sucks =(
Are you sure you cannot have both? Please install the latest Game Capture beta, e.lga.to/SoundCapture, then in OBS, add the first device, by choosing the "Game Capture HD" source, then set the device to the HD. Add a second "Game Capture HD" source, and then set it to the HD60.

GamingWithGF

Are you sure you cannot have both? Please install the latest Game Capture beta, e.lga.to/SoundCapture, then in OBS, add the first device, by choosing the "Game Capture HD" source, then set the device to the HD. Add a second "Game Capture HD" source, and then set it to the HD60.

Hmm.. soundcapture? is that the work around or something @LtRoyalShrimp ?
I did install the newest OBS and ElGato software, and even tried runing the GCHD as 32bit, and try to run 64bit w/the GCHD60 at the same time for both programs, and it wouldn't work.. We're currently trying to both play PvZ GW2 until The Division comes out, and I wanted to plug 2 PS4's onto GCHD & GCHD60.

I've seen around that you guys are in the works for the USB devices to be able to do what I'm currently wanting.. I saw a few posts back, and I do hope that the update is VERY soon!

Thanks for all of the hardwork regardless though, I love my elgatos as they're solid compared to others!

PS - here's to hoping the capture card can be seen in Mac OBS as a capture device like a webcam, yeah?!

Videophile

Elgato
Hmm.. soundcapture? is that the work around or something @LtRoyalShrimp ?
I did install the newest OBS and ElGato software, and even tried runing the GCHD as 32bit, and try to run 64bit w/the GCHD60 at the same time for both programs, and it wouldn't work.. We're currently trying to both play PvZ GW2 until The Division comes out, and I wanted to plug 2 PS4's onto GCHD & GCHD60.

I've seen around that you guys are in the works for the USB devices to be able to do what I'm currently wanting.. I saw a few posts back, and I do hope that the update is VERY soon!

Thanks for all of the hardwork regardless though, I love my elgatos as they're solid compared to others!

PS - here's to hoping the capture card can be seen in Mac OBS as a capture device like a webcam, yeah?!
I could swear it worked. Let me do some testing. Currently out on business travel but when I return on monday, I will do some testing. If not, ill try and figure something out.

As for Mac, unfortunately elgato devices do not work with OBS for Mac.

GamingWithGF

I could swear it worked. Let me do some testing. Currently out on business travel but when I return on monday, I will do some testing. If not, ill try and figure something out.

As for Mac, unfortunately elgato devices do not work with OBS for Mac.

Thank you! Everytime I launch and go to settings, it only lets me select which card to capture. and when I add another source, the 1st source would just freeze. I'll be doing more testing myself as we just got this a few days ago..

As for macs, OBS works.. but the elgato device can't be recognized as a capture device like webcams, so I have to window capture it from the propietary software.

Here's my current setup just in case you're curious:
15" MBP i7 w/950gtm, 12gb RAM, 256gb ssd & 750gb hd running Bootcamp w/W10

My backup is HP i5 w/16gb ram & 160gb ssd w/W7

Running 2 PS4's w/GCHD, and GCHD60 both plugged in on separate usb port.

Theoretically, your suggestion makes sense, and I do hope that that is the way to do it.. and if I get it to work, I might make a quick tutorial for it to share it with the community. I appreciate the quick response @LtRoyalShrimp !!

SinfulSavior

I don't think this works unless they're both HD60Pros. At least thats what tech support said when I called last night. I've got a GCHD60Pro and a GCHD and when I try to capture from both all sorts of abnormal behavior happens. They both lock up, or the aspect ratio and resolution defaults to 360p with no actual video coming through, just a single stuck keyframe. I then have to restart the entire computer to even record correctly in OBS from either one.

It's a shame because my wife and I wanted to start streaming our feeds together and this seemed like such an elegant solution.

Windows 10
i7 6600K
32GB RAM
520GB M.2 SSD
980 Ti Kingpin
GCHD60Pro and GCHD

If anyone's got a workaround (other than just buying a different capture device), I'm open to suggestion.