USB Devices (Mouse, Webcam, etc) start to stutter when I run OBS

Rinma

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem: As soon as I start OBS, my USB devices, espacilly my mouse, start to stutter. I can observe this at best at my mouse. Every few seconds the mouse stops working for like a second. My Webcam starts to flicker in OBS at around the same time as the mouse stops working and on my USB headset I hear crackling noises. I think that other USB devices are also stop working at this time, but it is harder to observe. As soon as I stop OBS everything goes back to normal without problems.

Hardware:
- Ryzen 7 5800X
- Gigabyte RTX 3070
- 32 GB DDR4 Ram
- Elgato HD60S (not used, but HDMI connected)

USB Devices:
- Keyboard / Mouse
- Webcam (4k)
- IR Tracker
- Eye Tracker
- Wireless USB Headset (Transmitter)

Software:
- Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1052, 64bit)
- Nvidia Driver Game Ready 466.63
- OBS 27.0.0 (64bit)

Log file is attached.
What should I also provide to better support me?

Best regards,
Marvin

Attachments

• FNCUCCmYqcRBONL5.log
    12.2 KB · Views: 21

Lucas Derksen

Hi,

I have the same problem, and exact the same Capture card. It just happened to me when i activitad my capture card in OBS. So i think i found the causing of the problem, but not how to fix it. If someone know how this is fixed, I have an Intel CPU (I5-6400) so i can't use the fix above here.

DayGeckoArt

I have an Elgato Camlink and it seems to be sending data through USB even when it's turned off in OBS. I know because my video conference program is unable to use my Lumix camera through Camlink as a webcam when OBS is running. The first time, it took me a while to figure out I had just forgotten to close OBS. I would bet that HD60S is the same way