URL/API Source: Live Data, Media and AI on OBS Made Simple

URL/API Source: Live Data, Media and AI on OBS Made Simple v0.3.0

royshilkrot

royshilkrot submitted a new resource:

URL/API Source - Fetch live data and display it on screen! - A Source to fetch data from an HTTP API endpoint and display it live on your screen.

The URL/API Source plugin adds a video source that fetches data from a URL or API endpoint and displays it as text. You can parse JSON, XML and also plain text with a Regex to get just the information you need. Set up a timer to keep refreshing the data to get that live feed effect.

Features:
  • HTTP request types: GET, POST
  • Request headers (for e.g. API Key or Auth token)
  • Request body for POST
  • Output parsing: JSON, XML/HTML and Regex
  • Update timer for live streaming data...

Read more about this resource...

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated URL/API Source - Fetch live data and display it on screen! with a new update entry:

v0.0.2 - CSS styling, UI improvements

This release fixes a few problems in XML parsing, it adds the CSS styling for the text, has some UI improvement and greatly improves the threading.

Download for all OSs:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Enma

This is really cool!
If we could also enter text to include before and/or after the retrieved data it'd be absolutely perfect.

royshilkrot

This is really cool!
If we could also enter text to include before and/or after the retrieved data it'd be absolutely perfect.
You could add a text source - but! your idea for a "template" in which you plug in the result - is perfect and I shall implement it!

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated URL/API Source - Fetch live data and display it on screen! with a new update entry:

v0.0.5 - longer timer, output formatting, external text source

In this release:

• Allowing to output the result to an external Text source (which has nicer, easier formatting options)
  • Adding a "post processing" regex on the output to e.g. deal with floating point numbers or extracting info
  • Adding a .zip file for Windows portable OBSs
  • Allowing update timer to go to 1000000 ms (1000s, 16 minutes)
If this plugin has provided value to you, consider sponsoring my work on GH so I can bring you more updates...

royshilkrot

This latest version is being detected as malware by windows.
yes that's a known problem with new projects that offer .exe installers
it takes time for the windows defender global index to "trust" this new application
it goes away after some time and after many people download and run the application.
the fees to register an app with MSFT are exorbitant and also don't resolve the above problem much faster.

guikos

Thanks for the plugin, it’s great!

I couldn’t figure out however how to use the Output Regex Formatter. I’m familiar with different styles of Regex but can’t seem to find the trick. Which style should I use?

To take an example, let’s say I fetch a string like `name - function` and that I’d want to only get the `name` part. I’d write the following Regex `.*(?=\s-\s)` but this does not work.

Thanks!

Benjamins

I get a "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK" Error what is the work around, I do have a .pem for the this (its game client api for League of Legends)

royshilkrot

v0.0.7 - SSL, run while not visible, fixing Mac M1/M2 build

Version 0.0.7 of obs-urlsource introduces SSL options for secure requests, a "Run While Not Visible" option, improved JSON handling by removing escaped quotes, along with fixing the macOS universal build.

If this plugin has been valuable to you consider adding a ⭐ to the GH repo and supporting my work: https://github.com/sponsors/royshil

Watch the tutorial on YouTube for additional...

Tinko

It's cool!
btw can we have an option for reading & watching a JSON/XML file on local disk? it's useful when cooperating with other local tools such as Ross Dashboard

royshilkrot

v0.1.0 - UI overhaul, file input, dynamic requests, and more...

In this release:
  • UI overhaul
  • Adding local file input
  • Adding dynamic inputs into request body
  • Send output to stream as caption
  • Improvements to internal renderer
Download: https://github.com/obs-ai/obs-urlsource/releases

If this free plugin has been valuable to you consider adding a ⭐ to the GH repo, rating it...

royshilkrot

v0.1.1 - JSON Array parsing! XQuery!

This release introduces JSON Array Parsing (via JSONPath) and XQuery parsing. Thank you to all the contributors!

You can now use `{output0}, {output1}, ..` in your template to access the output array elements.

If this plugin has provided value to you consider adding a ⭐ on the repo, subscribing to my YouTube channel where I post updates, and supporting my work...

Lordmau5

First off: Neat plugin! Definitely something that I wanted for a while but would've needed to use a custom browser source with some JS in before haha

Now, I'm kinda curious.
My idea is to use this to fetch a StreamElements API endpoint to check the song request player status. That part should be easy.

However, I wonder if there's a way to show a text if the API output has specific data?
Say the endpoint returns
Code:
{ "state": "paused" }
In this case I wouldn't want it to show any text at all.

However, if it were to return
Code:
{ "state": "playing" }
I want it to show `Playing Requested Song` or something similar

On first glance it doesn't seem like that'd be possible but I thought I'd ask anyway