Question / Help Upload speed vs Max bitrate

Harold

If you are streaming to twitch, 2000kbit is about where "buffering hell" starts for a large percentage of your viewers and 3500kbit is the upper limit of what twitch allows you to broadcast at.

You're using 250 in that log which is about 1/10th of what you actually need to use.

mirdess

But if i put bitrate to 400+,and i check my stream on second pc,mobile or dashboard twich it freezes. I dont have problem watch another streamers, but watching mine on 400+ is unwatchable.

dping

Have someone else view your stream. get someone on skype. also, the longer you stream the better the "buffering" will get, well that being that you stay within the limit.

Watching your own stream is not always an accurate representative of what your stream look like to viewers.

And which twitch server had you selected?
Had you tried others?

Prague

mirdess

Ok, i switch bitrate to 700, still freeze at home but i go to work to check my stream from there and stream is working perfectly.Have someone idea why i cant watch my stream without freezes at home?How i can be sure that my stream is working correct?I cant go to work to check it every time.

dping

Ok, i switch bitrate to 700, still freeze at home but i go to work to check my stream from there and stream is working perfectly.Have someone idea why i cant watch my stream without freezes at home?How i can be sure that my stream is working correct?I cant go to work to check it every time.
As I said before. dont watch your own stream. ask your viewers.

the better way to call this is buffering, not freezing.