Question / Help Update 23.0.2 Problems

PinkySamich

I have never had a problem with obs (on this computer at least), I live stream and it runs overall smoothly but with the recent update (update 23.0.2) I for some reason start lagging insanely when I live stream something (it doesn't begin to lag until I open up a game by the way). I've kept all the same settings that have worked before so I know it's the update that is possibly requiring more from my computer than the old updates.

If someone knows how to fix this problem that I'm having that would be fantastic, if not does anyone know how to download a previous update of OBS

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Rdelaura

I am getting the same thing regardless of the encoder. I'm thinking about rolling back to 22.0.2 and see if that fixes it
Let me know if you find anything out please

DrasH

I had the same problem since the update and rolling back to 21.1.2 did the trick. I just tested it and works fine again.

Rdelaura

So rolling back to 22.0.2 works for one person, didnt work for me. Rolling back to 21.1.2 works for someone. The inconsistancy leads me to believe its not specifically OBS

AaronZ

I'm also having this problem after updating 2 days ago, have not changed anything and no Windows updates since. Was working fine on 23.0.1.

Windows 7 64 Bit
Stream using Intel Quicksync

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with obs (on this computer at least), I live stream and it runs overall smoothly but with the recent update (update 23.0.2) I for some reason start lagging insanely when I live stream something (it doesn't begin to lag until I open up a game by the way). I've kept all the same settings that have worked before so I know it's the update that is possibly requiring more from my computer than the old updates.

If someone knows how to fix this problem that I'm having that would be fantastic, if not does anyone know how to download a previous update of OBS

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases

PinkySamich

So I have figured something out: obs will only lag if I play something above 60fps. The game I was having problems with was Rocket League which I usually keep the max frame rate at 225fps as usual but when I restrict it down to 60 it was lag free and working just like before. The problem with this is I'm trying to use the Dolphin Emulator to play Mario Kart Wii that for some reason surpasses and reaches... wait for it... 63fps with NO way to limit it down to 60 so I can't stream that -_-

Does anyone know of a universal fps limiter or something??

So I have figured something out: obs will only lag if I play something above 60fps. The game I was having problems with was Rocket League which I usually keep the max frame rate at 225fps as usual but when I restrict it down to 60 it was lag free and working just like before. The problem with this is I'm trying to use the Dolphin Emulator to play Mario Kart Wii that for some reason surpasses and reaches... wait for it... 63fps with NO way to limit it down to 60 so I can't stream that -_-

Does anyone know of a universal fps limiter or something??

MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner. RivaTuner has a fps capping feature.