UNP Now Playing - Pandora Youtube GrooveShark LastFM +25More

Wylk

Re: UNP Now Playing - Pandora Youtube GrooveShark LastFM +25

You don't have to do that with a .crx extension (it's actually packed).
Follow the stable guideline instead.

Install the packed extension (Stable, recommended!)
Download the already packed extension here --> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/344 ... ByWylk.crx.
Open Chrome, click on the Spanner/Wrench icon -> Tools -> Extensions.
Drag and drop the packed extension you downloaded in Step #1.
Click 'continue' on the bottom left of the Chrome window.

fatflatfrog

Man, thanks for the help Wylk, I feel like a numpty now :/

LotionExplosion

One question/suggestion: The scroll effect is awesome in OBS on songs with large names, but on songs with small names that don't completely fill up the text box, is there a way to stop them from scrolling? If the song name is "Abc - 123" it really doesn't need to scroll because it's not going out of my box, but if it's "Abcd efgh ijkl - 123 456 789 10 11 12" I might need the text to scroll, and it doesn't seem like you can have one or the other.

Here's an example - The text fits perfectly in the box at the top, but it's scrolling. Is there a way to stop small names that fit in the box from scrolling?:

aVpqNtj.png

Also when increasing the size/decreasing the size of the text box, you can't seem to make it decrease the width without modifying the height - It, for whatever reason, fixes the height with the width. I found that xsplit allows you to completely modifying height/width of text boxes as desired.

Basically, I want to cut off my text at the red line here in this picture, without making the text smaller: http://i.imgur.com/kzdMo1B.png

Edit: Fixed this part! Under properties, you can check "Use Custom Text Extents", and create your own size.

Tuimz

Is untamed0 still working on this?

I have made a pull request about 3 months ago and still no reply on that.

Staretta

Tuimz said:
Is untamed0 still working on this?

I have made a pull request about 3 months ago and still no reply on that.
I don't think so. I haven't seen Untamed post/say anything here or on github for about 4 months now.

Tuimz

Maybe it is an idea to merge new commits in a different fork, and release that on the Chrome store?

Wylk

Hello, some news
I've been really busy lately... @Tuimz You can do it if you have the time
Something else : I've recently swiched to Firefox, and sadly this plugin works only on Chrome.
I'll maybe do a new multi browser/multi os (just like the incoming rework of obs ? :D) plugin based on this one
Anyway the plugin works fine, there's no need to rush, isn't it ? :)

Edit : Meanwhile, I'm still able to do some fix if necessary.

(arg too much english for me..)

OaKLeYz

The Youtube playlist issue is still not resolved for me. For example, if I start the playlist by navigating to the URL, it will capture the song. But once it goes to the next song, it won't update the file. However, if I refresh browser tab, it will then update the file but that's not what I am looking to do...

I tried with both the pack and unpacked versions.

EDIT: NEVERMIND!
I guess you have developed a separate unofficial build which was a few posts later. I have installed that version and it is now working. Thanks :)

ThomasCrook

Well this is quite good news not only for the developers but for the vendors too..May it favorably works for them...!!!! :-)

ltpliers

For some reason I cannot seem to get this extension to work. Followed the instructions exactly, but when I'm playing my grooveshark music it doesn't even create a now playing txt document. Any idea what's goin on?

Edit: Figured it out, enabling the check stream is live first messed me up. I'm a dummy.

Plokoon

Hey,

I can't make it work.

If I use a playlist youtube the name of the first song will show like it should but it will not change as the second song starts.

If I use deezer or spotify it will simply not work.

Any ideas ?

Plokoon

thank you for the reply. But it is probably a problem on my side, i don't know.(the fix works for youtube).

venrav

Hi guys ..

It's grate tool but is it possible to work like that ...

I'm listening music by WiMP desktop application and it's connected with last.fm account.
And last.fm page showing what music I'm listening now and is it possible to save this to file? Or its just working with radio on last.fm page?

gamerattack

Does Rdio work with UNP? If not, any chances on getting it to work?

Thanks.

Videophile

Elgato

Hi there,

Im having a problem integrating with nightbot.

I add my username and API key, and click save.

I add the !unp command to nightbot, using the default setting, and when I type !unp, "[Invalid method]" comes up.

I have the latest 6.1 installed on chrome. The song title(playing from spotify) is in the unp.txt.

When I click save, nothing happens on UNP when I add my nightbot details. For other details, it say stuff. Does this mean my info is wrong?

Thanks,

-Shrimp

Wylk

Hi !

@LtRoyalShrimp Sorry I don't use nightbot for now...

@gamerattack Not supported, I'll do it tomorrow !

@venrav Just radio, if I have the time reproduce your setup I'll maybe add support for that.