two of my 4 cameras is lagging.

tiboine

Problem: low fps preview/program image.
I'm using the latest OBS studio 64 bit.

When I connect my Nikon Z6II via USB with the help of the Nikon webcam utility, the video feed is laggy/low fps. It looks like the fps is around ~15.
This same happens when I use my Huawei P20 pro with the Droidcam OBS over wifi.

But, when I use the Samsung S6 and Nexus 5 with Droidcam OBS over wifi, they don't lag.

I have tried the Nikon with Sparkocam, and it doesn't lag there.
I have also tried various settings based on similar problems. But no go.

Thank you for your attention, Tor.

Attachments

• 2021-04-21 13-06-52.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 34

Tomasz Góral

HDMI grabber have low lag, some device offer 35-50 ms.
There are cheap hdmi - usb grabbers available for around $ 10, in their case I have noticed delays of up to 100ms.

Lawrence_SoCal

Your issue may be that the USB connection is too slow. I don't have your model camera and I'm not going to look it up, but some camera's USB interface isn't fast enough to keep up with the cameras sensor (so is down filtered). Other folks have USB Root Hub contention issues, and for others the camera vendor s/w driver is the problem

Have you tried using your camera in some other software (not OBS), and how does it look there?

TheSweatyOne

Hello im new to recording and obs i was curious if i could ask a question as well?
im trying to do custom settings and when i go to configure video everyone says to go to 6K on white balance but i only go to 600 then my camera control is all blank and off and i cant click on anything help please

tiboine

im trying to do custom settings and when i go to configure video everyone says to go to 6K on white balance but i only go to 600 then my camera control is all blank and off and i cant click on anything help please
First, use the forum's search function to see if anyone else has your problem. If you can't find a matching thread, then you can create your own post.

You shouldn't ask about your problem in others' threads unless it is similar.

That said, google white balance. It's easy to understand the basics. 6K on white balance is a weird one. Well, unless you are outside in the sun. Then it would be appropriate with 6000 Kelvin. (the sun is around 5500K)
Regular indoor lightbulbs are around 3200K.

You want to match your camera's white balance (Kelvin) with the main lights you are using.