Question / Help Two Camera Sources, Only One Works at a Time

Affinity2412

Hi there. I'm having some camera issues and would really appreciate some help.

I've been using my LifeCam Cinema as my main camera source for a few months now. I need a second camera source, so I bought a Logitech c920.

However, when I try to use both of them as separate video sources, only the Logitech works. It's almost as if I'm only able to use one camera source and the LifeCam (which has always worked before) is getting bumped off OBS somehow.

Anyone have any clue what's going on??

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Lowering the resolution of the c920 will definitely help, at least in terms of performance. When you run the c920 at 1080p it saturates your USB connection and can cause problems elsewhere with USB devices.

Are you sure the webcam drivers are up to date, too?

Affinity2412

Yes, drivers for both cameras are up to date.

I will reduce the quality of the Logitech tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I'll post here with results.

Does the log I posted have any clues as to what's causing the problem?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Your log has this error in it: Warning -- DShowPlugin: control->Run failed, result = 8007001F

Unfortunately, I don't know what that error means, and Google seems to come up a bit empty.

Affinity2412

Hi there. I'm posting my issue in this section of the forum, as it seems it should have been posted here to begin with.

I'm currently having an issue using two webcams at the same time in OBS:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/two-camera-sources-only-one-works-at-a-time.20450/

I posted my log, and dodgepong was nice enough to point out this error:

Warning -- DShowPlugin: control->Run failed, result = 8007001F

It seems that others who can't get two webcams to work at the same time are also running into this error:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/cant-make-2nd-webcam-work.1823/
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/three-usb-inputs-issue-2x-webcam-1x-mixer.16258/

Can anyone help me understand what this means? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You probably overloaded your USB ports, move them around to different ports or lower the resolutions.

Affinity2412

I'll definitely give that a try after I get home from work today.

I didn't even know it was possible to overload USB ports. How does that even work?

Also, I'm not sure if it make s a difference, but all the ports on my custom PC are USB 3.0.

Last edited:

Affinity2412

Tried reducing the Logitech to 720p in OBS. No luck.

Also tried moving the USB ports around. Still no image from the LifeCam.

Any other solutions in mind?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Not really. Error code 8007001F means "an attached device is not functioning". The only time I've seen this before was due to USB bandwidth overload. Try viewing your USB ports in device manager by connection and ensuring the cameras are on individual hubs.

For example, in this image it shows I've connected everything to a single USB hub. If they were high bandwidth devices like webcams, I'd want to move them around until some ended up on the other hub.

8HqSQY6.png

Affinity2412

Finally got it to work!

I just plugged the Logitech into one of the USB 3.0 ports in the front of my PC. Problem solved!

I tried to put it in different ports in the back of my PC, but it just occurred to me to try the front! It must have something to do with the port not being directly on the motherboard.

Hopefully someone else who has the same problem sees this.

Thanks for the help guys!