Twitch Partner, Trying to find the *PERFECT* settings for me.

Merlalias

Hey! So, as a Twitch Partner and Daily Streamer, my goal right now is to achieve the perfect quality streams, however it's something I struggle with and mix around too much.

My PC Build: ryzen 9 5900X + 3080

My Internet Speeds: 400 Download / 30-40 Upload

I play games like Minecraft, Warzone, Fortnite and many more, I want to ensure the best quality, but also a quality that isn't ruining my frames.

I believe as a Partner I can use 8K right? Would these settings above allow a 1080p 60fps 8K stream?

fatmatrow

Use the NVENC encoder on the High Quality or Quality preset with the Profile set to High. NVENC encoding quality is amazing and has a negligible performance impact with your setup

FerretBomb

Hey! So, as a Twitch Partner and Daily Streamer, my goal right now is to achieve the perfect quality streams, however it's something I struggle with and mix around too much.

My PC Build: ryzen 9 5900X + 3080

My Internet Speeds: 400 Download / 30-40 Upload

I play games like Minecraft, Warzone, Fortnite and many more, I want to ensure the best quality, but also a quality that isn't ruining my frames.

I believe as a Partner I can use 8K right? Would these settings above allow a 1080p 60fps 8K stream?
Partners do not have a higher bitrate cap.
We're subject to the same 6000kbps maximum recommended. Anyone can go past that recommended maximum, strictly at-your-own-risk. The 8mbps number is simply a 'common knowledge' point that the ingests, replication, and video delivery servers won't break horribly, and Partners generally can get away with it without excluding low-bandwidth viewers from being able to watch, thanks to having guaranteed transcodes (quality options) at all times.

That said, what @fatmatrow said. You have a 3080, with Ampere NVENC. Turing/Ampere deliver encode quality on-par with x264 Slow, which is VERY GOOD. Make sure you use the Quality preset (NOT Max Quality), turn OFF both Psychovisual Tuning and Lookahead, and use b-frames of 2 or less (less is better for fast-motion games, down to 0, but will make slow-motion games very slightly worse).

You're never going to get 'perfect quality' though. The bandwidth bottleneck is too tight at the moment on Twitch. 1080p60 video wants 12mbps for average-motion content. The Twitch recommended-max is half that, and even if you risk it and go with 8mbps, you're still 4mbps short for 'good', much less 'perfect'.