Question / Help Twitch & OBS - 1 mbps Upload/DOSBox Games/Proper Settings?

TheCabal

Hello guys,

as the header already tells: My upload speed sucks. I must live with that for the next few months. BUT... I'm a bit green regarding DOSBox and streaming. The resolution of these games are like... 320x240 and it's only scaled up via DOSBox settings. So... when I try to stream this in 1080p or 720p, OBS does it in the way like I'm playing a real game in 1080p? Meaning using up all my uplink because of a "only scaled up game which originally is 320x240"?

Is there no other way around to make use of low-resolution games on twitch with OBS and a small upload speed?
The next thing is that I keep the correct aspect ration 4:3 for these games... so there is lots of useless 1080p-stuff (like HD-black bars!) which I try to squeeze through the small upload link.

I would be happy to receive some tipps and hints and corrections (if I'm wrong at certain subjects). Thank you.

Greetings,
Cab

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Resolution and bitrate are not really tied together in any way, you can set them completely independently. Just change both the canvas and output in Settings -> Video and the bitrate in Settings -> Output.