TuneOut for Mac

Free TuneOut for Mac 0.8

WilHarris_

WilHarris_ submitted a new resource:

TuneOut for Mac - Show your current iTunes, Spotify, Nightbot or Moobot track on your stream, simply and easily

TuneOut
TuneOut is an AppleScript application that saves the currently playing iTunes, Spotify, Nightbot or Moobot track's information to a file (~/Library/Application Support/TuneOut/np.txt, specifically). This might be useful if you use an application like OBS to stream live video and want to incorporate your currently playing song on the display.

How to use
  1. Download the latest version of TuneOut.app from the project's...

Read more about this resource...

GM Rod

Yo!

This is so awesome. Thank you so much for making it.

I'm going to use it on my stream, and I wanted to change how it displays, like I'd want the artist in a line, and the track name in a line below it.
It'd look better with the album art next to it!

I'm thinking this should be quite easy to add...

And I'm sure a lot of other people who also use it would love it!

Thanks in advance.

GM Rod

Dude this is great.
Any chance we can add custom text to the file?
For instance: Now Playing - %artist - "%track" from the album "%album"
This way I can add just one text source to OBS.

Thanks!

Kearstin

Hmm, I downloaded this and it does do the popup in the app itself of what I'm currently listening to, but I can't find the txt file to put into OBS. It's not under App Support. Help?

WilHarris_

Sorry for not responding here sooner, I don't check this forum often!

I'm going to use it on my stream, and I wanted to change how it displays, like I'd want the artist in a line, and the track name in a line below it.
It'd look better with the album art next to it!

Any chance we can add custom text to the file?
For instance: Now Playing - %artist - "%track" from the album "%album"
This way I can add just one text source to OBS.

For these two features, I'm working on reimplementing the app in Swift. AppleScript, which this was previously programmed in, doesn't make it possible for me to easily allow users to change the output format. I already have support for automatically saving artist, track name, and album title to individual files, which would allow you to, for instance, display the track name larger than the artist name, and will be adding a way for users to add their own output formats. I'm still learning the language, though, and so it'll take some time for me to make this. I'll have code on GitHub once I have something substantial to share.

Hmm, I downloaded this and it does do the popup in the app itself of what I'm currently listening to, but I can't find the txt file to put into OBS. It's not under App Support. Help?

The file should save to "~/Library/Application Support/TuneOut" and is called np.txt. If you press Shift+Cmd+G in Finder, enter that path in, and press enter, it should take you to the folder.

I should now be getting emails whenever someone replies here so I can come look next time. Sorry about the long wait!

ShadowPhantom

hello, how do u change the songs displayed when you want to change the type of music player: i.e. TuneOut displays songs from iTunes but there are times where i want TuneOut to display songs from Spotify instead.

ShadowPhantom

i also happened to accidentally delete all the files in TuneOut and am unable to open it, is there anyway to restore it. [i've already cleared the trash of all relevant files :,( ]

nammin

same here @nutthinfancy and i did the develop apple event thing and it still hasnt work is it possible to make it work with discord?

MemBirdman

Hi,

Having the same problem Kearsten was having. It's running as an app, but no text file is being created.

Kearsten, did you find a fix?

Jim Napolitano

Is there any way to permanently put a space between the text so the song title and artist don't smoosh together when you scroll the text?

JickMunro

I have Tune Out but have not allowed Apple event and Image evnt preferences, but now it doesn't work !!! How can I change it?

jamielee

Is there any way to permanently put a space between the text so the song title and artist don't smoosh together when you scroll the text?
Also wondering the same thing. Did anyone find a solution to this? Ive tried adding a space in the actual text doc and it works but it reverts back once the track changes.