JAPStudios

Basically I want to hear audio through the capture card, and get the audio from the mic through the capture card to OBS.
I'm trying to go live at 02:00 today, it is currently 01:18, if anyone could help that'd be really appreciated.
I'm on a MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra, Version
10.12.6, mid 2012, running OBS 24.0.6 if that matters at all.
I also made a Reddit post>
20230901_230020~2.jpg

AaronD

Basically I want to hear audio through the capture card, and get the audio from the mic through the capture card to OBS.
View attachment 97270
I have one of those cards. It's a cheap deceptively-marketed thing. It gives you a picture in OBS, and it has a USB 3 connector and all the hype that goes along with that...but it's actually a USB 2 chip inside. You can't stuff uncompressed HD video through USB 2, so it has to compress in the card to get it out of the USB 2 chip.

Also variable latency. Not so much of a problem if you only have one and *everything* runs through it, but I had 4 of them for different cameras, and they were always out of sync with each other by different amounts and in different directions every time I turned the rig on.

Replaced all 4 with one of these. MUCH BETTER!!!

I'm trying to go live at 02:00 today, it is currently 01:18, if anyone could help that'd be really appreciated.
Good luck with that timing! As I'm sure you can tell by now. This is why you test things ***WELL*** ahead of time, and once they work, don't touch them until after their critical use is done.

One of my rigs took several months to get to where it was production-ready. You can't just decide you're going to do this the day of, and "just do it".
Granted, that rig has more moving parts in it than most, that all have to work together, but the concept very much applies to *every* rig. You can't just toss it up on a whim and expect it to work. Lots of technicalities and technical options that make a big difference in ways that most people have never heard of......

Last edited: