Question / Help Trying to capture audio from Pioneer DJM 450 mixer without success

alllright

Hello guys,

How do you capture audio from this mixer to OBS Studio? I have tried via USB (the rear USB port coming from the mixer) but i can't ear any audio in OBS Studio.

The weird thing is that OBS Studio actually recognizes the mixer. When i add a new source in OBS (through Audio Input Capture) and select the device, the mixer actually appears in the drop down list with the name "Line In (Pioneer DJ DJM-450)".

But, when i select it, i can't ear any sound coming from it. I had already checked the volume slider in the Audio Mixer window but i still don't see any sound activity on its' bar (green/yellow/red).

Nevertheless, i have been able to use Pioneer Rekordbox software with the mixer (via the same USB connection) without any problems for about 2 years now (audio recording has always been excellent as well as controlling the remaining dj gears that i have, which are two turntables and two cdjs 350).

I have updated the mixer's firmware to the latest version as well.

My main goal here is to stream audio from this mixer to facebook or youtube using OBS Studio but i'm not achieving that, because i can't capture its' sound, dunno why.

The only connection that i have is the mixer being connected to my laptop through that USB 2.0 rear port. Thank you!

Last edited: