Trouble With Frames Dropping While Streaming to YouTube

SpenTaku

I've been having this issue when going live on YouTube where my frames sometimes instantly drop, as soon as I start my scheduled stream or any stream, my frames instantly drop rapidly. I usually just end the stream and start up again, and if my frames don't instantly drop, then I don't drop any frames throughout the whole stream.

I've been streaming 1080p 60fps at 10k bitrate and have even tried a 1440p 60fps stream at 25k bitrate. The problem is always the same with absolutely 0 frames dropped unless it's as soon as I start streaming, which I then have to reset the stream.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS but that didn't help. On the YouTube studio side, I use low latency with auto-start, auto-stop, and DVR all enabled. With the stream key being the default RTMP variable.

My internet's pretty stable with 1gb up/down so I'd guess that's not the issue, especially since I never drop frames unless it's at the very start. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff and when I look at the log report I only see the wall of errors from stream elements alerts (which I don't know what's up with that and I assume it's not causing my frame drops).

Anyways, any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• Log Report.txt
    85.6 KB · Views: 36

PaiSand

1.- Enable Windows Game Mode
2.- Follow recommendations in here:

Probably you can't use 25mbps and should reduce it.

SpenTaku

1.- Enable Windows Game Mode
2.- Follow recommendations in here:

Probably you can't use 25mbps and should reduce it.
I'll check that out but YouTube allows for up to 56 I believe and even when I use 10 I get issues. But always at the start and if not right when I start then no issues at all. I've done a 1440p stream at 25 for 2 hrs with 0 frames dropped before

PaiSand

Latest nvidia driver introduced some issues. Check on this too.
Youtube allows 56mbps if your computer can handle it. It all ends on this. You're using the same resources for everything, and that's why many people uses a 2 PC setup.
Also, your ISP may be causing it. Too many variables.

You can use the Stream - Youtube HLS service (open Service and Show All..., scroll down) and try the new HEVC encoder to see if it works better.
Try streaming without recording. Or use different encoder settings for recording, like CQP.