Tried to link VST and now OBS crashes upon start up every time

Chasek97

Hey all,

I recently tried adding Izotope Nectar 3 Elements VST to OBS. I believe I had it set to "FL VSTI" On the selected VST. I realized I meant to download Neutron not Nectar, and it didn't work how I wanted it to anyway so I closed FL. Then my audio wasn't working how I had it before in OBS so I closed it hoping for some reason my settings would go back to how they were... Now it immediately crashes every time without letting me do anything and I get another error that says "Some files required by Nectar 3 Elements are missing. This plug-in may not function properly. Please re-install Nectar 3 Elements."

OBS seems to be working behind the "OBS has crashed" Error message I just can't do anything once I hit the Yes or No on the crash report and it closes. I just updated it today as well because I thought it would work better with VST's being updated. It was working fine until I started messing with this crap to try and get a nice EQ on my voice... Any suggestions? If I uninstall and reinstall OBS will all of my scenes and settings be toast?

Chasek97

FIXED IT! So whenever I would open OBS it would also open the Izotope trial notice (I just wanted to see how compatible it all was before I bought it) and once I exited the little trial notice thing I could move the OBS Crash report "Yes" or "No" Button out of the way of OBS and OBS Seemingly worked as normal except it wouldn't let me go into settings and all of the filters for my webcam and audio said that there was nothing there. I would click on "Crop" for the webcam, and there would be no settings. Settings in general would say it could not find the locale.ini path... I was getting SUPER frustrated because I didn't even really change anything... BUT I was able to then go into the VST plugin adder and delete it off my OBS effects chain for my microphone! And after restarting everything was back to how it was! My god what a stressful 45 minutes that was.