Question / Help Transform handles too small.

BJM-1995

Not sure if I'm posting this right, as I've never had any notable issues with OBS itself before. (Usually it's user error or hardware or updates.)
Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/327IfJTL34R-Xp9e
I'm trying to capture an old game (Robots 2005 PC) for review, but OBS can't seem to figure out how big the capture should actually be. At first I thought it wasn't capturing at all, but I quickly found that it seems to be capturing correctly, but the source size is being detected strangely. (See attached screenclips from my preview window) It looks like OBS sees the game, but decided that only the first few corner pixels count. Attempting to transform the feed gets out of hand really fast when trying to resize by hand, and the automatic options are next to useless.
Default scale:
DefaultScale.PNG

"fit to screen":
FitScreen.PNG

This may just be an issue with the buggy old nature of the game (Many people seem to complain about hardware compatibility or blue screen crashes.)
Any advice would be appreciated.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Right click the source, select Transform -> Edit Transform and that should give you more granular control of the handles.

To me this looks like it might be related to DPI (or the game is just that old). Try this on both OBS and the game:

1. Close your application
2. Find your application shortcut, either on your desktop or in your start menu (Right click -> Open file location).
3. Right click on it and select Properties.
4. Go to the Compatibility tab.
5. Click "Change high DPI settings".
6. Tick "Override high DPI scaling behaviour".
7. In the dropdown, change it to "System (Enhanced)".
8. Click OK to exit out of the scaling settings.
9. Click OK to save the new properties.
10. Re-open your application and try capturing again.