Timestamp Hotkey For Highlights

Crypt

Hi guys,

Had a quick search, couldn't see this suggested.

I stream for about 8 hours at a time and when it comes to creating highlights afterwards I find it difficult to remember when certain events occurred. I've created a small autoit program that records the current stream time to a text box when pressing F6 so I can easily go back and create highlights of worthy moments. It's messy and involves reading the OBS.exe memory as I couldn't retrieve the time from the statusbar using any of autoit's built in functions.

Any way this could be implemented?

Would it be useful?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You just want a hotkey that logs the time of certain events?

Videophile

Elgato
Seconded. Just a text file that says the time in 00:00:00 format. This way we can go back and get those awesome moments.

-Shrimp

psuser11

Same, within 3 hours of play, theres a 1 minute section where i want to highlight. i don't want to go threw all 3 hours looking for it, just hit the button and it time stamps it.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
have you guys not thought about just using a tool like Wsplit for this?? Speedrunners use it all day to click a button and save a time :)

psuser11

have you guys not thought about just using a tool like Wsplit for this?? Speedrunners use it all day to click a button and save a time :)

nope i have not thought about it. this idea popped into my head so i googled it and this is what came up first.
I was just adding to the suggestion pool rather than just the 2 people. it could be something simple yet very effective to add to OBS when you have time - was my thought.
anyway Jack, thank you i'll check out that Wsplit

Isegrim

I'm checking for a timestamp feature every other month. Something like this for obs-mp would make editing so much easier. For now i'll check out wsplit.

Isegrim

Wsplit isn't really getting the job done, without any unnecessary work.
I hope the devs will take a look at this and consider implementing it in some form.