Bug Report The webcam video does not sync with the video capture

omnislash

Hi Jim, happy new year.

I tested the option of delay of the microphone and it works perfectly and is really very helpful, thanks for that. As always excellent project.

The new problem is that I realized that it's the same with the webcam, that is due to the delay of 2 seconds of the Roxio HD Pro, the webcam is not synchronized with the video capture card Roxio too _-_ .

Then I wondered if it would be possible to include the delay slot for the devices webcam in the option "Video Capture Device" in the same way as you did for the microphone? That would be perfect for the users who have devices like the one I have.

Sorry for the translation again and thank you very much for all, you are a person that really helps a lot to the stream comunity and I think this software is very close to being the best.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If you webcam video is delayed, first thing you want to try to do is to try "use preferred output type" (renamed to "use output format" in test 8), and try each of the output formats to see if any of them perform better.

if that doesn't work, then you have to delay your mic audio to match the sync of your webcam audio, which you can do in the latest test version. I unfortunately cannot make video frames go back in time so if there's a delay of the video itself on a device there's little I can do if the suggestion I mentioned previously doesn't work.

micechal

Hmm... I understood it like if his webcam is about 2 seconds before his game because of Roxio's delay and he needs an option to delay the camera for desired time (here 2 secs) to make it sync with gameplay. He would then set delay on both the camera and microphone so they're synced properly :)

omnislash

That's right, that's what I say, my webcam is not delay, I need an option to delay the webcam due to the deay of Roxio HD Pro. ;)

And i use softwware capture and select region because the opcion "Video Capture Device" still does not work with my roxio HD pro, I have the red screen in the las version.