text-pango: multi-language and emoji

text-pango: multi-language and emoji v0.4.1

kurufu

kurufu updated text-pango: multi-language and emoji with a new update entry:

Release v0.4

Lots of fixes this patch.
  • Update Mac libraries so loading as fast as Windows and Linux
  • This update also brings Emojis to Mac!
  • Select a specific font file to use without needing to install it.
  • Default to system font configuration and fallback to config packaged with the plugin
  • Fix selection of the font backend (prevented compilation on Linux/Mac)
  • Prevent performance degradation for some very specific edge cases.
  • Way faster rendering of large amounts of text
  • Way...

Read the rest of this update entry...

kurufu

all working in order. Any idea when wrap and custom text extends coming?
As listed in the "Missing Features" section I don't currently have plans to implement custom text extents (which also means no word wrap). I highly recommend using what I believe is the superior formatting feature:
Custom text extents: Use the Crop+Pad Filter and Scroll filter to do scrolling text instead. If you need to instead ensure your source is consistently sized and have dynamic input see here https://github.com/kkartaltepe/obs-text-pango/issues/6

Though if you know of some use cases for custom text extents that this doesnt work for let me know and i might change my mind.

n3v3rm1nd

As listed in the "Missing Features" section I don't currently have plans to implement custom text extents (which also means no word wrap). I highly recommend using what I believe is the superior formatting feature:
Custom text extents: Use the Crop+Pad Filter and Scroll filter to do scrolling text instead. If you need to instead ensure your source is consistently sized and have dynamic input see here https://github.com/kkartaltepe/obs-text-pango/issues/6

Though if you know of some use cases for custom text extents that this doesnt work for let me know and i might change my mind.

I use those filters for scrolling text since your first release. It's super easy to do. But I would need wrapping text to have a box of text where it can wrap at the end to have multiple lines of text. Without wrap not possible.

chaki

all working in order. Any idea when wrap and custom text extends coming?

To kurufu.

Hello.
I'm chaki.

I'm using "text-pango: multi-language and emoji" from v0.1.
Thank you for making a nice plugin.

There is something I would like to ask about v0.4.
I'm Mac user.

Usage is as follows.
1. Typing text into Mac text edit. (Save as UTF - 8)
2. Select "text-pango" and read the text edit saved by UTF-8.
3. Use "Scroll" of "Filter" to scroll text in the vertical direction.

I use it the same way as Ending role of TV program and movie.

Until v3.0 it was able to scroll text without trouble with the above usage.
However, it did not work properly after updating to v4.0.
Part of the text information typed in the text edit is not scrolled properly.
I set the "chat log mode", but all the text information has not been properly scrolled.

Is there an update plan for troubleshooting?
I'm in a hurry to fix.

I'm waiting for a reply.

P. S.
I'm using Google translation.
There is a possibility that sentences may not be transmitted.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.

kurufu

To kurufu.
Usage is as follows.
1. Typing text into Mac text edit. (Save as UTF - 8)
2. Select "text-pango" and read the text edit saved by UTF-8.
3. Use "Scroll" of "Filter" to scroll text in the vertical direction.

I use it the same way as Ending role of TV program and movie.

Until v3.0 it was able to scroll text without trouble with the above usage.
However, it did not work properly after updating to v4.0.
Part of the text information typed in the text edit is not scrolled properly.
I set the "chat log mode", but all the text information has not been properly scrolled.

Can you "Upload Last Log" in OBS and then link that log here? Can you also upload the text file that doesn't work? And lastly what language do you have your mac in?
For reference, I do not have an issue opening files created by mac text edit and saved as UTF-8 or UTF-16 (supported since v0.3).

Between 0.2 and 0.3 the text file code was entirely rewritten, so its possible there may be bugs in them.

Is there an update plan for troubleshooting?
I'm in a hurry to fix.

I'm waiting for a reply.

Older releases are still available at https://github.com/kkartaltepe/obs-text-pango/releases if you want to keep using v0.2 until we can fix your issue.

Last edited:

chaki

To kurufu.

Sorry for the late reply.

>Can you "Upload Last Log" in OBS and then link that log here?

I think that it's possible.
However, I apologize if I don’t know how to link "Upload Last Log".
Can I copy and paste in this discussion?
I don’t have any "open source compilation knowledge".
I’m sorry for you.

>Can you also upload the text file? This last in what language do you have your mac in?

Is possible.
However, my "Mac's text edit" includes "specific personal information".
For example, because it is "Twitter account information, etc." Is it okay to change it like "@xxxxxxxxxx"?

My Mac is used in Japanese.
Also, the language I use for text information is "Japanese" "English" "emoji".

I would like to upload "Data recorded with OBS" to YouTube and post "YouTube URL" in this discussion place.
I compare the "text edit data (.txt)" to upload and the "data recorded with OBS", I think that the actual problem symptoms are easy to understand.

I want to execute the above "1 & 2 & 3" as soon as possible.

If it is ok, I will be pleased if you reply.
I will be preparing to send you data as soon as possible.

P.S.
I attempted to downgrade to v0.2.
However, since "Emoji" is not reflected, "Text font collapse" occurs or "Text garbled" occurred, I hope that v0.4 will become a perfect plug-in.

kurufu

1) You can just add the link OBS provides you to your post or attach the file to your post (with the button down below).
2) Make the edits to remove personal information. Test the edited file. If the new file (without personal information) behaves in the same way upload that. You can also send the file to me via private message if you feel comfortable with that. (Click my name, go to "Start conversation" and send me a link to your text file).
3) Feel free to link a youtube video showing your issue.

chaki

1) You can just add the link OBS provides you to your post or attach the file to your post (with the button down below).
2) Make the edits to remove personal information. Test the edited file. If the new file (without personal information) behaves in the same way upload that. You can also send the file to me via private message if you feel comfortable with that. (Click my name, go to "Start conversation" and send me a link to your text file).
3) Feel free to link a youtube video showing your issue.

To kurufu.

I’m sincerely thankful for your prompt response.
Delete "personal information" of "My Mac's text edit" or rewrite it like "@ xxxxxxx".
If the same operation can be confirmed, execute "1 & 2 & 3" according to your instructions.

※ I want to confirm.

OBS Menu’s help

LogFile

Upload the current log file

Can I "copy and paste" the URL displayed in this discussion? OK?

2) (Click my name, go to "Start conversation" and send me a link to your text file).

Start conversation

1. Insert link?
2. Drag and drop files?

If it is 1, how should I execute the link?

Especially about 2.
I have not fully grasped how to use the discussion for the first time.
I'm sorry.
I will be saved if you give me specific instructions.

kurufu

1) Correct. you can also post a link the youtube video demonstrating your issue.

2) You will need to upload the text file to a website. You can upload the text file to https://upload.teknik.io/ (or any other website you like) by "drag and drop" and then send the URL in the private message.

chaki

1) Correct. you can also post a link the youtube video demonstrating your issue.

2) You will need to upload the text file to a website. You can upload the text file to https://upload.teknik.io/ (or any other website you like) by "drag and drop" and then send the URL in the private message.

I sincerely thank you for your kindness.

I will be able to verify in 8 hours.
As a result of the verification, I will contact you.

Thank you very much.

chaki

To kurufu

I carried out the verification at OBS.

An error occurred while talking.

The latest log file.

The text data that you really want to scroll.
(Text content changes in real time, so it will change drastically during broadcasting)
※ Current chat log mode setting number 1000
※ 200 when using v3.0 (It worked without problems.)

Link of test recording data.

"1 & 2 & 3" will be sent so please check.

Thank you for your consideration.

※ Below is the latest log information.
https://hastebin.com/idodegimil

kurufu

v0.4.1 was relased, this fixes the truncated text that Chaki had with their credit roll style text. If you are using a long text file or long lines of text try updating if you experience text being truncated.

TheRogueGrunt

How on earth do I install this on Linux? I can't compile from source (don't ask, its just a nightmare) and the 1.0 version for Ubuntu doesn't show up no matter where I put it. I'm using an Ubuntu based distro that's only 1 version higher and I've tried putting it in ~/home/.config/obs-studio/plugins which is where my browser plugin is, and it doesn't show up. I tried /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins and it still didn't show up. Am I crazy or is that one just broken I'm just SOL on have a decent text source? (Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS, OBS 25.0.3)

kurufu

The linux precompiled plugin was set up for portable installs. I have rearranged the package to work if you simply extract it into the `~/.config/obs-studio/plugins` folder now. Thanks for the feedback. (Its still the 1.0 version I just reuploaded the tarfile).

kurufu

The source toolbar is handled entirely by the UI. There is currently no way for plugins to add themselves.

LemonLeezard

I saw in the features list that bitmap fonts are supported, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work. Is there something specific I have to do to make bitmap fonts work? Or am I just supposed to select the font file manually?