text-pango: multi-language and emoji

text-pango: multi-language and emoji v0.4.1

kurufu

kurufu submitted a new resource:

text-pango - High quality multi-language text and emoji support

A continuation of the excellent work by Reboot from here.

New Features:
- Multi language support on all platforms: full support for Arabic, Hindi, Thai, CJK, Emoji, and more.
- Proper Serif/Sans fallback fonts
- Proper rendering for vertical scripts
- Proper rendering for RTL scripts
- Proper outlines (no bars over joined text like in arabic/hindi/emoji)
- Per line gradients...

Read more about this resource...

n3v3rm1nd

Does not shop up in sources from me. Copied everything.

05:51:45.447: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/chrome_elf.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.448: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded
05:51:45.474: [AMF] AMF Test failed due to one or more errors.
05:51:45.474: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'
05:51:45.478: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/glib-2.0-0.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.478: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/gobject-2.0-0.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.483: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libcef.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.483: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libEGL.dll': (null) (127)
05:51:45.483: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libEGL.dll' not loaded
05:51:45.484: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libGLESv2.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.485: [browser_source: 'Version: 1.31.0']
05:51:45.487: NVENC supported
05:51:45.557: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/text-pango.dll': (null) (126)
05:51:45.557: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/text-pango.dll' not loaded
05:51:45.557: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/uiohook.dll' not found, loading of module failed
05:51:45.557: VLC found, VLC video source enabled
05:51:45.559: No blackmagic support
05:51:45.636: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/zlib.dll' not found, loading of module failed

kurufu

Can you post your full log please? I see all the required files in that snippet, I will double check some stuff this evening.

Last edited:

kurufu

Does not shop up in sources from me. Copied everything.

Can you post your full log please? I see all the required files in that snippet, I will double check some stuff this evening.

Doh, it was built with debug... so its not going to work on most machines. I will post an updated release build tonight. Sorry about that (all the people I had test it were also developers).

n3v3rm1nd

A proper release build has been updated on the download page: https://github.com/kkartaltepe/obs-text-pango/releases/tag/v0.2

You can just extract that in release your obs folder and overwrite the old files. Let me know if you have any more issues! Thanks for trying out the plugin.

Yes works now, emojis too. Anyway to make it so that emojis can be exempt from outline and drop shadows? Looks bad right now.

https://imgur.com/a/O01oF

And possibly more option the the drop shadow options so i can change the offset but have no empty spaced between the shadow and text. This would be sick

Missing Custom Text events a little bit since i use them to have a follow, donation etc. ticker on my main screen but with the crop/pad pluging like you said i made it to work the same :D

Last edited:

kurufu

Yes works now, emojis too. Anyway to make it so that emojis can be exempt from outline and drop shadows? Looks bad right now.

Drop shadow and outline on emoji can look a little weird sometimes depending on the font you are using (we only support Google emoji font atm. so its somewhat easy to know all the issues). Definitely looking for a way to make them more normal like text shadows in the next version.

kurufu

Just for a heads up Currently working on a couple issues with the current release:
- Chatlog mode is always on (wont display all lines of a text file)
- Reading non utf8 files
- Set language for language specific glyphs
- Fixes for emoji shadows
- Slightly modified gradients should show more of the 2nd color in most languages

Look forward to it!

Last edited:

n3v3rm1nd

Just for a heads up Currently working on a couple issues with the current release:
- Chatlog mode is always on (wont display all lines of a text file)
- Reading non utf8 files
- Set language for language specific glyphs
- Fixes for emoji shadows
- Slightly modified gradients should show more of the 2nd color in most languages

Look forward to it!
that sound great!

kurufu

Mac users please confirm the plugin loads v0.3, we are using a new build system and I don't have a mac to confirm everything works :). If it doesnt post a log and I can resolve any issues with this release.

kurufu

I intend to keep upgrades as easy as just overlaying the existing files. It looks like it was as I guessed and pathing broke again. Thanks for confirming. Im going to just rewrite the build script tonight so we can be done with these issues.

-- edit
You should be fine just installing the old v0.2 again to get back to a working state.

kurufu

Mac fix is out. Sorry about that guys. Fixed up the relocation scripts so this should be the last time mac is delayed/broken.

Uhh, there should be no crashes on windows! Do you have a regular log and a copy of that file that fails I can have to test on my side?
--- Edit
So sorry about that... In my rewriting of the text file handling code I forgot about empty files. My guess is that's whats going on. Thanks for the heads up!

kurufu

kurufu updated text-pango: multi-language and emoji with a new update entry:

v0.3.1 Hotfix for crashes and Fix macOS build

v0.3.1 Hotfix for crashes and Fix macOS build
This is a hotfix for crashes on reading empty files and for the mac version not working after the 0.3 release.

I have totally redone the release process for Mac's so now its as streamlined and easy as the windows side. This should prevent build mishaps like this time from occurring again and let me release Mac...

Read the rest of this update entry...

kurufu

In case anyone requires 32bit obs, text-pango 32bit will now be released with updates. 32bit windows binaries have been released for the most recent version.