Question / Help SyphonInject Capturing Partial Screen

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thank you for posting a workaround for the time being, really appreciated.

Also Raverx3x, you're positive that compiling it yourself fixed it compared to the distributed version? That seems totally weird to me, but I'm going to pass it off to someone to see what they think. We compile with 10.8 compatibility, but it really should not affect that sort of thing.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
We've identified the issue with SyphonInject and have submitted a pull request for the fix to the original author.

mpy

I see the commit in the SyphonInject project, but I can't really tell how it's related to OBS? OBS seems to pull in the Syphon-Framework project. How long before this fix is merged into OBS? I have the same issue with my Retina 5k iMac.

Tinko

Any update on this? The problem still exists in 0.13.1
I'm still waiting for this..... Switching the game to low resolution is a temporary solution, but in fact that could make FPS higher and I even can't figure out the difference as I'm playing Heroes of the Storm.

hadvil

I'm also having this problem with OBS and my Retina Macbook Pro, and I'm looking forward to the fix being added. I too checked the SyphonInject commits and it looks like they fixed the issue. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to merge into OBS.

In the meantime though, I haven't been able to get the temporary fix to work. I checked the "Open in Low Resolution" box for the app, but I still only get part of the Nuclear Throne window. Maybe it has something to do with launching it through Steam? Can anyone verify that they're getting it to work through Steam, or pass along some additional advice? I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any more info from me. Thanks btw for the great project OBS team, I've been enjoying it.

Kearstin

Bumping this. Would Syphoninject be something to implement Steam games into OBS? Because I don't want to use Window Capture with it.

Kearstin

@Kearstin What do you mean? Do you mean capturing Steam games? If so, most of the Steam games should work with SyphonInject.
Yup, that's what I mean! I'm unfamiliar with SyphonInject or how to use it. When I tried to select Steam games for it, it shows up as an option but it doesn't do anything. Like nothing comes up in OBS and I don't see the game.

amsyar ZeRo

Again, most of Steam games should work with SyphonInject. Note the window name(to find this, make your game windowed & check the window name on top of the window) & select it in SyphonInject.

If it doesn't appear though, here's a workaround(without Window Capture, which is a relief). Set a Display Capture scene, select the To Window & Manual in the Crop settings. Select your game(make sure it is windowed). Then, crop the window bar(the part where the red X button is) so that only your game is seen.

If you still want to play fullscreen though, just use Display Capture & don't change anything. Hope these helped you.

Kearstin

Again, most of Steam games should work with SyphonInject. Note the window name(to find this, make your game windowed & check the window name on top of the window) & select it in SyphonInject.

If it doesn't appear though, here's a workaround(without Window Capture, which is a relief). Set a Display Capture scene, select the To Window & Manual in the Crop settings. Select your game(make sure it is windowed). Then, crop the window bar(the part where the red X button is) so that only your game is seen.

If you still want to play fullscreen though, just use Display Capture & don't change anything. Hope these helped you.
Thank you I'll try this! I always play Steam games windowed, never full screen, so I'll try the workaround!