Sync skype/Teamspeak/desktop audio with Elgato Game Capture HD

All Versions Sync skype/Teamspeak/desktop audio with Elgato Game Capture HD

Videophile

Elgato
LtRoyalShrimp submitted a new resource:

Sync skype/Teamspeak/desktop audio with Elgato Game Capture HD - Sync skype/Teamspeak/desktop audio with Elgato Game Capture HD

Welcome to this guide, where we will go over how to setup OBS with the Game Capture HD/HD60 in such a way that all desktop audio will be synced.

Before you continue, please make sure you have done these things:
  • Installed the Game Capture HD software.
  • Have your Game Capture HD or HD60 plugged into your computer.
  • Have setup the Game Capture HD/HD60 in OBS.

Assuming...

Read more about this resource...

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS1 (current windows version) uses desktop audio as a timing base, so you cannot really change its sync very easily, hence why people have this problem. It was a design flaw I made early on.

OBS2 (future windows version of the multiplatform build which will eventually replace the current windows version) fixes this issue with a completely rewritten audio subsystem, but it won't be out for a few months. You'll be able to change desktop audio sync there without worry.

TbestiaC

That sounds amazing Jim. I do have to figure out a work around for now though. :/ I'll try and figure something out. Other streamers do it that use OBS so it has to be possible somehow.

yea, spot on tutorial but when doing a global offset, the game audio is still out of sync. Can't wait for the new version of OBS so I can stop having to use VAC.

Videophile

Elgato
yea, spot on tutorial but when doing a global offset, the game audio is still out of sync. Can't wait for the new version of OBS so I can stop having to use VAC.
The global offset has to match the video, its delaying ALL audio, including the Game Capture's. Do some experimenting, it should line up.