Question / Help Switch workspace?

N0W37

Hi all! :D

New not only to OBS but to streaming in general so you are talking to a complete noob here, just so you know. :)
This is not a mac-specific question but I couldn't really find any better forum. Give me a stern talking-to if it turns out this is not the place for it. ;)

Since yesterday I am using OBS for two projects, one for me and one for my kid. The two uses completely different assets, resources and setup. I am using the one and the same macbook pro for all this.

1. Is there a way to completely separate two logically independent "projects" in a way that any damage done to one project has no effect on the other?
2. If the going gets tough (that is if I have to use two different OBS-installations), is there an easy way to export and import ALL settings, assets and resources?
3. Is there a way to separate configuration between the two so I don't have to enable and disable multiple audio channels and the like all the time?

As a note on question number two I did find two export functions under Profile and under Scene Collection, but those did not export any assets or resources (and don't really have any way of knowing if anything else is missing. Is there a third export function somewhere that I couldn't find?).

Really love OBS, an awesome tool, and look forward to continue working with it. :)

Narcogen

OBS has two concepts to isolate certain settings from one another.

The first is Profiles. There is a top-level menu called Profiles. A profile is a collection of settings including audio, video, streaming and recording settings, allowing you to switch from one group of settings to another by choosing a profile from this menu.

The second is Scene Collections. A scene collection is a collection of scenes, and scenes are collections of sources.

With both of these features you can have different people doing different activities in OBS, while none of the changes made by one will affect the other, as long as they make sure to alter only the Profiles and Scene Collections for their activities.

Or you could isolate these by using different user accounts on the computer, as OBS settings are user-specific on MacOS and Windows.

N0W37

Thanks for your response @Narcogen! I'll play around a bit then with different Profiles and Scene Collections. Using different user accounts on the computer would work but will quickly grow a bit unruly I think, since I have at least one more project I'm intending to work on. Leaving that as a last resort. :)

I'm not really seeing how to mark the question as solved, nor how to award you for your answer. Gave your response a thumbs up but that's it. :/

SpectreKid

Thanks for your response @Narcogen! I'll play around a bit then with different Profiles and Scene Collections. Using different user accounts on the computer would work but will quickly grow a bit unruly I think, since I have at least one more project I'm intending to work on. Leaving that as a last resort. :)

I'm not really seeing how to mark the question as solved, nor how to award you for your answer. Gave your response a thumbs up but that's it. :/
You can also export and import Profiles and Scene Collections, and OBS allows that in the Profiles/Scene Collections tab.