Support for HDPVR Rocket?

Warrenaterz

I use a Hauppauge! HDPVR Rocket to record any console gameplay I create for YouTube and it's just a suggestion but do you think it would be possible to add support for the PVR into OBS? I have used Xsplit in the past and I know that supports PVR's.

all I van say is that my HD PVR2 only works through screenregion capryre. My gues would be no. there's a topic/sticky somewhere about supported capturedevices though.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Hauppauge devices will be supported in the Multiplatform release, though I'm not sure about the Rocket specifically.

Saeed

I have the PVR rocket and use it in my stream for console play. I output gameplay using Monitor Capture with the Sub-Region feature. Once you select the region you want to output from Hauppauge Capture software on your computer, you should be good to go. Works great for me.

As a side note, PVR capture is slightly delayed compared to real time gameplay. In other words, if I fire a shot at someone in a game it occurs immediately on the console for me but by the time the PVR outputs it the stream it is at a 2-3 second delay. This sometimes confuses your viewers/followers. If you instantly react to a game situation they will see your reaction but may be unaware of what is going on until a few seconds later. I just tell them the truth about the delay explaining I may oddly react to a situation before it occurs. They seem fine with it.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Such a delay is pretty normal for HD USB 2.0 capture devices. That's why I don't recommend them.