[suggestion] Set opacity for image slideshow source

bertieb

Hey all,

Since this is my first post, I'd like to say a big huge massive thank you to the devs for making such an amazing piece of software; and extra kudos for making available under the GPL. You guys know you rock, right? :D

My suggestion is the thread title, basically. I would like to be able to set the opacity/alpha for a slideshow source, the same way it is possible to set it for an image. I had a quick look at the GitHub repo for this, but due to my unfamiliarity with the source I don't feel confident (or competent!) enough to implement it at the moment.

Because I will likely forget about this before I am confident/competent, I thought I'd make the suggestion here :)

Before posting I did a search, and the only thread I can see with a related suggestion is this one from 2012:

• Being able to set opacity for every individual source

which is a bit generic. If I've missed how to do this (I am relatively new to OBS) please inform me and I'll gladly eat my hat!

Thanks in advance!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
This sort of thing should be possible eventually in OBS Multiplatform, with the ability to apply filters to all sources.

bertieb

Cheers for the replies dodgepong and HomeWorld, that sounds positive :) Thanks again for the work that goes into OBS!