A few ideas & bugs - UPDATED 16 nov

makkesk8

Igot a few neat ideas.

• Ideas - 06-10-2012
    • Able to preview a scene (pops up in a seperate window).
    • Assign/bind hotkey to source to hide/show it.
    • Adding tooltip on scene to display current bound hotkey (if any) (same with source if hotkeys are getting added to that too).
    • Be able to copy a scene.
    • Able to drag source down/up like xsplit to order the "list"
    • Be able to set x/y cordinates of screen in properties of text source
    • Be able to use undo/redo when resizing source.
    • Able to turn on/off snap to the sides & top/bottom.
    • Save/Load presentation like xsplit (its been mentioned before ithink)
    • Able to turn off preview while streaming (not sure if its possible due to your structure). - Already Implemented
    • For twitch & own3d, using httprequest to get viewer count each minute or so.
    • Stream session/all time stats such as :
      • Bandwidth used
      • Current upload speed being used
      • Stream length in hours:minutes:seconds
      • Peak viewers (twitch & own3d)
    • Able to use arrow keys to move source in preview window
    • Able to use text from url in text source.
    • When using text from file in text source, able to set update interval.
    • When right clicking source, add "Fit to screen", "Center", "Reset size" to a context menu.
    • Make the enable view appear when right clicking on a surface with no source under it and/or add it to every source right click.
    • Display cordinates in the statusbar when moving a source (for specific placements) <- really neat if you ask me :D
    • Enable maximize button.
    • Minimize to taskbar (on/off in options).
    • If you are streaming and accidently click exit / closes app prompt the user if he wanna quit/cancel. Same with "Stop streaming"
    • Modify transaction + transaction speed when switching scenes (been mentioned before) <- MUST HAVE
  • Ideas 07-10-2012
    • Potencial future idea: Being able to upload scene content and settings to cloud and sync with a login and download the data for streaming in multiple places without bringing your drive etc.
    • Set volume for seperate video/audio source.
    • And basicly everything xsplit has when you right click a source. <- some really neat features in there tbh
    • Using a rmtp stream as source.
    • Being able to stream to multiple sites and accounts (like 2 twitch 5 own3d etc)
    • Option to hide OBS window from stream output (This should be a default option in my opinion)
    • Being able to edit a diffrent scene while streaming on another (could be done in the preview window thingy i suggested above)
    • Draw tool, Being able to draw on the stream window to point out particular things.
    • An api of some sort for programs like the program "sc2 scene switcher" to be able to switch scene when a paricular event happends. This can be easily done using the browser protocol: "obs://scene/scenename" for eaxmple. <- EXTREMLY helpful
    • Making a built in TCP relay for upload speed optimization. - Already Implemented
    • Add "random image' option in the image slideshow and other transactions + speed, And again being able to use an url as an image.
    • Being able to customize size + stretching for individual image in slideshow.
    • Being able to use 1 second to 10 minutes between images in slideshow + being able to type in the interval box.
    • Option to set background color of the stream instead of black or using an image with a image-repeat option.
    • Being able to set stretching for every individual source
    • Being able to set opacity for every individual source
    • Being able to zoom at the point where the cursor is.
  • Ideas 16-10-2012
    • Potencial future idea: Screen reading, Such as reading mineral value in sc2 and output as a textsource.
    • When using bitmap and the bitmap source picture gets replaced with another image, update it.
    • Option to make textsource resizing behaviour the same as in xsplit.

• Bugs - 06-10-2012
    • The source at the top of the list is displayed "under" all others, Shouldn`t it be the oposite? - Known bug
    • When you have placed a text source and edited it with shift resizing and then go properties and edit anything and click submit, the text will be reset to original size.
    • When clicked edit scene, sometimes the red border around the source wont show up.

This is it for now, I will be editing this thread once I come up with new ideas or find any new bugs

Any questions, answers regarding the bugs/ideas please quote the idea/bug.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Re: A few ideas & bugs

Some good suggestions here, some are planned as well. You also seem to misunderstand the 'Enable View', this hides the stream preview, as you requested.

Able to turn off preview while streaming (not sure if its possible due to your structure).

Your first bug is also a known issue, Jim's just been working on features before dealing with UI things like that.

Overall great post. Definitely a good few things I certainly didn't think of :D All Time stats is a pretty neat one I like

makkesk8

Warchamp7 said:
Some good suggestions here, some are planned as well. You also seem to misunderstand the 'Enable View', this hides the stream preview, as you requested.

Able to turn off preview while streaming (not sure if its possible due to your structure).

Your first bug is also a known issue, Jim's just been working on features before dealing with UI things like that.

Overall great post. Definitely a good few things I certainly didn't think of :D All Time stats is a pretty neat one I like

Oh I see.. About the first bug.. It requires only 2 lines of code really.

1. Add the items into an array (unless they are already, which i pretty much know they are since its a listview I assume)
2. Reverse the array.

Thanks for the feedback!

zGrozemaG

You can turn off snapping by holding shift key and I also think that scene source fittings (fit to screen, etc.) are also implemented using shortcuts, check the documentation for more info.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

this is indeed really good stuff, thank you very much for taking the time to list them out.

makkesk8

zGrozemaG said:
You can turn off snapping by holding shift key and I also think that scene source fittings (fit to screen, etc.) are also implemented using shortcuts, check the documentation for more info.

Yea but then the aspect ratio will be turned off aswell... Not really what Im looking for here.

EDIT: No the snap thingy is still there when holding shift.

Jim said:
this is indeed really good stuff, thank you very much for taking the time to list them out.

Thanks! Theres so many more ideas to come. Ithink this software has so much potencial to grow and be way better than xsplit since this is pretty much built with ideas from the community.

Thanks for making this software Jim!

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Re: A few ideas & bugs - UPDATED 7 nov

A couple things might be a bit unnecessary here, but a couple good new things

Making a built in TCP relay for upload speed optimization.

OBS already does this

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer

makkesk8 said:
An api of some sort for programs like the program "sc2 scene switcher" to be able to switch scene when a paricular event happends. This can be easily done using the browser protocol: "obs://scene/scenename" for eaxmple.
The API already exists, there is an SC2 Scene Switcher plugin for OBS too!

makkesk8

Warchamp7 said:
A couple things might be a bit unnecessary here, but a couple good new things

Making a built in TCP relay for upload speed optimization.

OBS already does this

Perfect !

R1CH said:
makkesk8 said:
An api of some sort for programs like the program "sc2 scene switcher" to be able to switch scene when a paricular event happends. This can be easily done using the browser protocol: "obs://scene/scenename" for eaxmple.
The API already exists, there is an SC2 Scene Switcher plugin for OBS too!

Any docs for this? and where can I find plugins for OBS? And what program language do you use to develope plugins, c++?

EDIT: Wow didn`t realize you are the one who made the sc2 scene switcher! Thats amazing man! Can you make one for dota2?

Thanks!