Sudden stream issues

MarkBraixen

Originally when I first got my laptop, it was able to stream games fine [Tried streaming l4d2, never ran into issues, capable of streaming up to 1080p60fps without any lag or stutters], but as of recently OBS has seemingly been struggling to not stutter/slow down/lose fps, and i'm not sure why
I'm using the same settings as I did before on a older laptop, and that one was capable of streaming fine while having not as much as my current laptop
"Encoding overload" suddenly is becoming a issue after a few streams when it hasn't been up to now
I've seen threads about it being a windows update issue but im not sure or not if there was one and suddenly issues were made
Can post my laptop's stuff as well if need be, looking to solve the issue

Attachments

• 2020-11-22 17-21-39.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 23

MarkBraixen

17:21:39.646: Game DVR: On disable it

Run OBS in Admin mode

17:21:41.680: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded

17:21:39.646: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 18363 (release: 1909; revision: 1198; 64-bit)
Update Windows to newest version

use nvec as encoder

and when you use a 144 hz display set the refresh rate to 120hz. 120hz/fps are the dubble of 60hz/fps so he can record every second frame easy.

and please dont say that you record you display via the Elgato on a single PC setup !?!

I use a single pc for my elgato yeah
But thing is my old laptop didn't really run into issues [other than over heating due to that]

It probably sounds dumb but its always worked for me fine though on the old one
I'll try what you said though, thank you