Stuttery and choppy, nothing I do works.

VoiDEN

I have looked everywhere, high and low to fix this issue I'm having with this irritating piece of software. No matter what I tweak and what settings I chose its so ungodly choppy and stuttery. I have a beefy computer that should be MORE than enough for recording a video.
i9-9900k
2070 Super
32GB 3200mhz RAM
What do I do? Please help me seriously

Here's the log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/dZfPH7yOLgjed6Vv

Panginu

Try limiting your fps IN-GAME

Try lowering or increasing bitrate

Your encoder might be overworked, try using 1980x1080 by 1980x1080 instead of 2560x1440

Make sure you are using NVENC and not x264, x264 is worse.

qhobbes

0. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 20H2 (2009) per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Update OBS to 26.0.2 or newest available version
2. Open OBS Settings
A. Output, Uncheck boxes for Look-ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning
Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in Advanced Settings.
B. Audio, General, Change Sample Rate to 48 kHz

Post new log if still having issues after making those changes.

VoiDEN

Try limiting your fps IN-GAME

Try lowering or increasing bitrate

Your encoder might be overworked, try using 1980x1080 by 1980x1080 instead of 2560x1440

Make sure you are using NVENC and not x264, x264 is worse.
I've tried lowering FPS on my monitor in game and it still persists, I will try changing the bit rate though.
I am using NVENC so that shouldn't be the problem.
I have tried lowering resolution, however I will try tweaking with it again, but I don't think that's a problem because I've seen OBS work fine at 2560x1440

VoiDEN

0. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 20H2 (2009) per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Update OBS to 26.0.2 or newest available version
2. Open OBS Settings
A. Output, Uncheck boxes for Look-ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning
Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in Advanced Settings.
B. Audio, General, Change Sample Rate to 48 kHz

Post new log if still having issues after making those changes.
I went ahead and tried all this and it still stutters heavily, I was running an older version of OBS so I updated and then tried all of these but still nothing works. Any other ideas

Panginu

I've tried lowering FPS on my monitor in game and it still persists, I will try changing the bit rate though.
I am using NVENC so that shouldn't be the problem.
I have tried lowering resolution, however I will try tweaking with it again, but I don't think that's a problem because I've seen OBS work fine at 2560x1440
Don't cap fps on your monitor, look for an option in-game to cap fps

Capping fps is the single-handedly most efficient way to get rid of lag in OBS.

qhobbes

Display Capture is the worst and should only be used as a last resort. Build your scene with Window/Game/Video Device Capture etc.