Stuttering/ lagging at certain Presets

MaoOGS

Hello,

My issue is something I haven't seen anyone post anywhere yet. It's concerning a certain preset, just laggging/ having stutters. I am using an Elgato HD60 pro capture card and the OBS software. I am using it for streaming console games mainly and have done a few test to try things out. However, after several test I noticed stuttering at certain CPU usage presets. If I stream at 1080p 60fps with a medium preset, it starts to stutter/ lag on stream. I decided to change things up and go 1080p 30fps and if I go with a slow preset, it also starts to stutter. If I use 1080p 60 fast or 1080p 30fps medium, it does not stutter. However, anything lower will cause the issue. I've tried changing a few things and can't seem to fix it. I did notice that a lower bitrate kind of helps it, but not really.

I'd love to have the 60fps, as it looks amazing and is just the quality I'd love to have on stream. I didn't mind going down to 30fps though, if I could make it look good and it wasn't stuttering. The issue is that it still was though. I don't think the current streams look horrible, but it could look so much better if I could get the preset down by just that one preset. 60fps fast vs medium was such a big quality change I felt.

My PC has an i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB of RAM and the GPU is a Nividia GeForce GTX 1070. I've did my the test on Youtube as I could set the streams to private and I could do as many as I wanted. For any curious, I went with a 8500 bitrate (also tried 8750 bitrate) for the best quality I could get. I went down to 6000 bitrate and still got great quality at that preset. I did think the stutter wasn't as bad with a lower bitrate, but it for sure wasn't smooth at all. I actually felt sick looking at the gameplay for too long for once in my life. I wanted to go down more on the bitrate, but I saw it as pointless if I couldn't lower the preset to compensate currently. I stayed between the recommended bitrate for Youtube for these test. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

For any curious, I did search around and found nothing that could help. Which is why I'm posting this. I do understand that there are cases with Elgato stuttering or lagging for some/ many and is why I have looked for answers with my issue. To be sure, I spoke with Elgato support and they can't find a reason on their end. I decided to get my quality as best as I could, because I started streaming on different platforms and not just Twitch. It would also help me to lower my bitrate and still have good quality at the same time. This is the main reason I wanted to get this issue resolved, as it would make me finally feel statisfied with the stream quality and never have to mess with it again.