Question / Help Streams Brightness Setting

gzgviper

Can I adjust the brightness of the stream feed without changing my own monitors brightness? If so, where is the setting? I am using Avermedia Live Gamer HD to capture my PC games.

Krazy

Town drunk
There is currently no way to adjust gamma with video capture devices...unless I completely missed something.

edit: I missed something, obviously!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You can configure the capture card directly. When you go into the properties of the Video Capture Device source, click the Configure button next to the Live Gamer HD and go to the Video Proc Amp tab.

i72jwf9.png

gzgviper

For whatever reason those settings don't change anything. I tried the same thing on xsplit and it changed the brightness, so maybe the changes don't work in OBS yet.

oRuin

Lucky you even have the option there. Sadly, the Black Magic Intensity Pro has nothing like it. So dark games and very dark.
GG BM :(

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll try to implement the gamma option into the device source

RonanN1

Hello, can you guys please help?

I want to ajust the settings on my Capture card but some options are not available, they are greyed out. The only ones that are awailable are: brightness & contrast. The capture card that I have is: AVerTV CaptureHDH727 (info. http://bit.ly/1atfX5d) and below is a picture with the problem.

Thank you.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 449

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
In my case, I have a c027 (AVerTV HD DVR) and if I use analog capture, I have the options, but digital capture (HDMI) does not. If those options aren't available, it's a limitation of the drivers.

RonanN1

Thank you for the answer, i understand but here is something intresting: i CAN change the settings if I use (enable) NVIDIA Settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel but it only changes the propeprties when I use AVer MediaCenter 3D (sorry for my bad english).

It I open AVer MediaCenter 3D and enable NVIDIA Settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel I can change the settings but these settings are not saved when I use Open Broadcaster Software (the settings have no effect).

*p.s.

And something intresting: the VIdeo Recorder (setting) always resets itself to NTSC_M, when I close/open OBS, and I have to set it everytime to PAL_B (i'm from europe/romania). Why is that?

mathandphysics

Can't Change Contrast, Brightness - Live Gamer HD C985 & OBS

Has anyone figured this out how to allow changes to the Video Proc Amp? From the Sources window in OBS, right click LiveGamerHD (that's what I named my device), then click on Configure, it says "Warning: This Function is not Available!!" under the Diagnostics Tab. Is there some setting somewhere that allows this to work? I thought I'd post the question here to see if someone had an immediate answer; otherwise, I'll wait to see what AverMedia says about it.

Update #2: I submitted a ticket regarding the issue and linked this page. Let's see what happens.
Update #2: I talked to one of the technicians at AverMedia and their response to the issue is that they are not very familiar with OBS, so I asked technical questions that could help to understand how OBS "talks" to the LG HD. OBS only used LG as a capture device, it's internal software for manipulation will not change HDMI input. Now as far as HDMI input is concerned with the LG, their hardware too, cannot change video quality. So, the answer is this, OBS would have to take the information directly from the card, process it where you can change settings like Contrast, Brightness, and what have you. The only change you CAN make in terms of color is the range, which is done through Recentral; the software that comes with the LG. So, unless you can convert HDMI signal into an analog (don't know why you would want to do that for gameplay, maybe television) signal, apparently, if I understand correctly, you will need to wait for OBS to implement some type of color adjustment for the the LG HD, specifically.

Still no answer from the trouble ticket I submitted. Still waiting for a better answer than the one I have given.

RonanN1

I think that this problem can be fix by adding something like this:

It's an option found in XSplit Broadcaster and as you can see you can play around with the hue and others. It works because I've tested it.

RonanN1

Hello, it's me again. I just got a new Avermedia Live Gamer HD but I don't have the extra options that dodgepong has. Why is that? I'm PAL region (Romania/Europe) but even if I switch to NTSC_M still nothing. I;m using the 64-bit verion of OBS.

Attachments

• ScreenShot021.jpg
    ScreenShot021.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 259

frexx

Ditto - mine only has brightness and contrast / when I adjust them and click accept they just reset back too 0 :(

eldiablo

You can configure the capture card directly. When you go into the properties of the Video Capture Device source, click the Configure button next to the Live Gamer HD and go to the Video Proc Amp tab.

i72jwf9.png

BUMP
C985 + OBS = no Video Proc Amp options =(

How did you get those options enabled, @dodgepong ?

THEwildSTALLION

ALSO having this issue with my new Avermedia Live Gamer HD. Follow the steps to device > configure> "Video Proc Amp" tab > but the only options are brightness and contrast, neither of which do anything or are saved when I exit the menu. Getting really dark feed from my console source. Not sure how to fix it! Please help!

hawer183

Hey guys!

I have the same issue. Can't Change Contrast, Brightness - Live Gamer HD C985 & OBS in 2016 Jul 29!!! "Warning: This Function is not Available!"

I just can't believe after 3-4 years a known bug or issue is still not fixed.