Question / Help Streaming to Instagram, How can we have people join on live?

maxarkinn

Hi there,
My friends and I have been doing live streams on instagram for the past two weeks with OBS and Yellow Duck for RTMp.

We are looking to have our friends join through there instagram. Normally with instagram someone requests to join the livestream and we accept through instagram live on the phone. However running through OBS we lose this function since we are running off the computer instead of the phone.

If you have any ideas on how to go about this, it would be most helpful.

Let me know if I can explain anything better as well.

All the best,
Max

maxarkinn

To use that feature you have to stream with the instagram app.
Narcogen,
Thank you for your fast reply. As we use OBS to add layers and filters to our videos, which is the main function we use it for.
We are looking for a way to still run OBS while obtaining the Live Join in feature through instagram.

Narcogen

That is not possible. To use Live Join you need to use the Instagram app. All OBS is doing is sending an RTMP feed to an instagram server. It has no way of contacting another instagram user and incorporating their device/content into your stream.

You'd have to have them stream, view that stream on another device, and then combine those two pieces of content in OBS and stream the result. And to instagram, that would appear as you both doing solo streams, just that your stream includes theirs. OBS has no way of notifying or informing instagram that you're doing something similar to "live join" as that is a feature of their app.

argentum54

I'd like to insist it's indeed possible. Perhaps RMTP is not the way to sort this around, or perhaps it is but not directly to Instagram.
Maybe spoof cameras are being used in combination with OBS or similar software.
Proof of what we're looking for
Screenshot_20200713-140621_Instagram.jpg

cgrij

I'd like to insist it's indeed possible. Perhaps RMTP is not the way to sort this around, or perhaps it is but not directly to Instagram.
Maybe spoof cameras are being used in combination with OBS or similar software.
Proof of what we're looking for
View attachment 58754
I'm in the same boat. Have you been able to figure out a solution since your last comment in this thread?